X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sally Fitz

How's the homepage shot for the Roxy Pro today!

Attachment

Good little video of Sal freesurfing before the contest too. Looking really good on that board!

http://vimeo.com/45509991
    Attached Files

Does anyone know what board she is riding
    She's ripping

Comment

I think they're a bunch of customs designed by Nev. Hopefully she sticks with them because she looks to be surfing better than ever on them!

Comment

Looks a little like a 5'8 Alt or something like that but i imagine is a full custom. She surf way more fluid on a FW than she and Stef Gillmore do on the DHD's

Comment

Levels up boys!!

Comment

Definitely the best I've seen her surf
            So much speed and control
            She seems to have stepped up her levels

Comment

She was surfing an epoxy board in NZ too, but I don't think it was a FireWire.

Good to see a top female rider on a FireWire. The epoxy boards really seem to work for Sal.

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
                Looks a little like a 5'8 Alt or something like that but i imagine is a full custom. She surf way more fluid on a FW than she and Stef Gillmore do on the DHD's
                Steph looks a lot more powerful and owns it when it's bigger
                But I agree that Sal is very fluent and in the same league as Carissa

Comment

I think she was on a Hayden FF in Brazil. Maybe NZ too? Cool that she played around with boards and is a title contender.

Comment

Maybe it was Brazil - you're right. It really livened up her small wave surfing. She's got great R2 scores on the FireWire as well, so it must be working.

Comment

I just watched her R2 heat. She's surfing the FireWire better than the HS. She's got the liveliness she had on the HS but with more precision. Definitely lifted a level on the FireWire. If the tour was exclusively in 2 foot surf she'd win it in a canter on that board.

Comment

Women's surfing is just getting hotter! Maybe the airs aren't as big as the guys but they're bigger than mine! The only place where they lag behind soon will be in bigger waves where (theoretically) guys will have a weight and strength advantage.

Comment

guys yeah its a custom. Nev worked with her on her equipment. She is small so she doesn't need the volume of the Alternator. I believe that she worked off the gromflex template with Nev to get to her final product.

Cheers and stoked to see her ripping!!

Comment

Woo Sally!

Comment

yessir! super stoked to have a athlete of he caliber on board!

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                              X