Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good work Sal and Firewire.

http://www.aspworldtour.com/2012/08/...re-surfboards/

Comment

If she lands a few of these in her heats Sally will be well on her way to winning her first world title
      http://t.co/bs58CymQ

Comment

She's at it again...
        Attachment
        Attached Files

Comment

yeah she worked really hard on aerials and fins free maneuvers this offseason. will be fun to watch.

Comment

Talking to a mate of mine who lives down the Goldie about the waves he had on Sunday.
            He was at one of the points and said Sally Fitz was easily the best surfer out in the water regardless of gender.
            High praise indeed.
            Meanwhile I had a similar experience last Thursday at First point Noosa with Julian Wilson out there.
            Interesting to see how ridiculously high he could do aerials on waves that everyone else was riding conventionally.
            Not so impressed with him dropping in on me on a good set wave.
            I say that as it's always hard to get waves at Noosa so the last thing you want is a top ten surfer dropping in on you as they are not going to flick off.
            My mate who's from Coolum (JW's home town) was even less impressed with Julian snaking him several times for waves.
            Anyway back to Sally Fitz...
            Last edited by cuttlefish; 02-04-2013, 12:08 PM.

Comment

jejejeje I remember during the Quiksilver Pro New York, at some point went in the water and was surrounded by many of them, in my case it was just a bliss to see those guys from such a vantage point, was enjoying more watching them taking off than surfing myself... pinches canadians!!! jejeje

Comment

Make no mistake the younger crew were all coming in their boardshorts over his every wave.
                I'm Kong's era and prefer that attack in solid waves.
                To each their own.
                I'm a dinosaur.
                LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by cuttlefish View Post
                  Make no mistake the younger crew were all coming in their boardshorts over his every wave.
                  I'm Kong's era and prefer that attack in solid waves.
                  To each their own.
                  I'm a dinosaur.
                  LOL.
                  That is indeed the hallmark of the pros, still maintaining the radical assault even in the bigger stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by cuttlefish View Post
                    Talking to a mate of mine who lives down the Goldie about the waves he had on Sunday.
                    He was at one of the points and said Sally Fitz was easily the best surfer out in the water regardless of gender.
                    High praise indeed.
                    Meanwhile I had a similar experience last Thursday at First point Noosa with Julian Wilson out there.
                    Interesting to see how ridiculously high he could do aerials on waves that everyone else was riding conventionally.
                    Not so impressed with him dropping in on me on a good set wave.
                    I say that as it's always hard to get waves at Noosa so the last thing you want is a top ten surfer dropping in on you as they are not going to flick off.
                    My mate who's from Coolum (JW's home town) was even less impressed with Julian snaking him several times for waves.
                    Anyway back to Sally Fitz...
                    Should've punched his fins out! Lol...jk I'd like to see julian surf in person.. Digged his scratching the surface vid

Comment

Originally posted by kdropin View Post
                      Should've punched his fins out! Lol...jk I'd like to see julian surf in person.. Digged his scratching the surface vid
                      Yeah what is it with Pro's doing that? Not all of them like that but I have seen it too and it shits me to tears. Yes its their job and yes they need to practice but hey...you got to keep your manners...I would tell him to Fcuk right off if he did that to me regardless of who he is. Got to say I surfed some really nice big clean stuff last Saturday and Ace Buchan was out next to me for about an hour. No snaking, no games or drop ins and just a nice relaxed style of bloke to be in the surf with. Thoroughly enjoyed watching him surf too. A great ambassador for the sport ...exactly how a pro should be.

Comment

Congrats to Sally on her win at Burleigh pro

Comment

She surfed like a champ!!! very much deserved

Comment

That is a sick little video and Sally rips!
                            They have her listed at 5'7 (168 cm) 128 lbs (58 kg) on her ASP profile.
                            http://www.aspworldtour.com/surfers/...y-fitzgibbons/
                            Her magic stick is listed as 5'7 x 17 5/8 x 2 1/4.
                            That seems like a thick board for that size.

Chris or Nev - any way we get some more info on her board(s) and what kind of shape and dimensions???

Comment

@Sally surfs really good but still very feminine.

ALOHA!!

Comment

Amazing surfer, totally rips and, I say this with all due respect...a HOTTIE!

Go Sally!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X