Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
KQF 6.0 vs KHF 5.10 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • KQF 6.0 vs KHF 5.10

    I'm interested in one of these boards. I cannot make my choice.
    Can anybody inform me what the difference is between the two boards?

  • #2
    Originally posted by Peter View Post
    I'm interested in one of these boards. I cannot make my choice.
    Can anybody inform me what the difference is between the two boards?
    Hi Peter,
    Depending on your size and conditions I will be able to send in the right direction.
    Let me know and I will be more than happy to help
    Felix

    Comment


    • #3
      Hi Felix,

      Thanks for your quick reply. I'm about 6.4 feet and I weight about 170 pound. I ride in conditions with windwaves from 3 till 7 feet. I would like to know the difference from the boards concerning the concaves. I understood that one board has one and the other double concaves. What is the difference about the stearing and planing of the board.

      Thanks.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Peter View Post
        Hi Felix,

        Thanks for your quick reply. I'm about 6.4 feet and I weight about 170 pound. I ride in conditions with windwaves from 3 till 7 feet. I would like to know the difference from the boards concerning the concaves. I understood that one board has one and the other double concaves. What is the difference about the stearing and planing of the board.

        Thanks.
        Hi pete,
        Just came off the water and spent the whole session on the new 5'10 Hellfire it has the double barrel concave which allows for easy planning.
        The board is awesome planes super easy - gets upwind like a rocket the tail comes in and tappers out so you can still throw some nice hacks.
        Board has the thickness to get you thru the light spots
        It has a 3-4 or 5 fin combo
        I rode it as a Tri today worked super well
        By far it is the best light wind board I have used.
        Super fun and still gives so much true performance
        You will not be disappointed with this model hands down. I would go for this over the 6'0 as it bring so much versatility to the table
        Enjoy your new stick when you get it.
        Really amped on this board and I'm sure you will be too.
        Felix

        Comment


        • #5
          Hi Guys,

          Like Peter I am living in the Netherlands as wel, 80kg and 1.90m (like Peter) and surf the same (wind created) waves. We need to follow our kites to gain power in the bottom turn en mostly for the cutback as well. If you need to pick just one board for light (16knts) and heavy wind (30+knts), what would be the best?

          Cheers, Jasper

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Jasper View Post
            Hi Guys,

            Like Peter I am living in the Netherlands as wel, 80kg and 1.90m (like Peter) and surf the same (wind created) waves. We need to follow our kites to gain power in the bottom turn en mostly for the cutback as well. If you need to pick just one board for light (16knts) and heavy wind (30+knts), what would be the best?

            Cheers, Jasper
            Hi Jasper,
            You will also enjoy this 5'10.
            The board is super versatile and someone in the weight range from 70kg to 90kg will really get the most out of this board.
            The board has thickness thru the middle and comes in at the tail giving you great wind range and float with a really lively board.
            Enjoy
            You wont be disappointed.
            Regards
            Felix

            Comment


            • #7
              hi, jasper and peter.
              I live in belgium and got the 6.0 for 6 months now. It is a great board for the waves in kijkduin, de slufter, ouddorp. When the waves are small i use its in a quad setup, and when it's big and superwindy thruster. The finchoice is olso important. If you want tho try it, you let me now.

              greats nick

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by nick1212 View Post
                hi, jasper and peter.
                I live in belgium and got the 6.0 for 6 months now. It is a great board for the waves in kijkduin, de slufter, ouddorp. When the waves are small i use its in a quad setup, and when it's big and superwindy thruster. The finchoice is olso important. If you want tho try it, you let me now.

                greats nick
                Which fins do you recommend? I also kite at exactly those places in Holland. Just bought a Hellfire 5'6.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I think you got to test some, it's very personal. I use the originals as a quad when there are small waves and a strong current. But most off the time i use the rob machados. You can test a couple off fins at the versusshop.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by nick1212 View Post
                    I think you got to test some, it's very personal. I use the originals as a quad when there are small waves and a strong current. But most off the time i use the rob machados. You can test a couple off fins at the versusshop.
                    Yes,

                    that was also my intention. I'll try a few of Versus.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Has anyone ridden these boards in overhead surf? I am also looking at each of these with this in mind? I have a KP1 and so far it's a sweet board. I am leaning toward the 6.0 because I don't want a lot of volume but I am wondering about the width. My widest board right now is 18.5" and I think 19" might be a bit too much.

                      I weigh about 190 lbs with gear (wetsuit, harness,etc.). I am lucky as we get a lot of wind 5, 7,9m (nor-cal coast) from on-shore, side-shore and side-off conditions. Waves can range from junk to double overhead+.


                      Thanks,

                      TT

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        TT,

                        Both have a fair amount of volume but the KQF 6.0 is a little more traditional looking vs. the KHF 5.10 in terms of bottom contour's, width, float, etc. You may also think about getting a KFE6.2 if the volume/width is making you nervous. I made that my go to board for 2x-3x overhead Scott's all last year and it was awesome. Plus they are on sale right now so that's a bonus! PM me if you want to take a look at sticks. I have a couple models with me.

                        -Brian

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Just got my hellfire 5'10 in post :-)
                          Im Looking advice on fins. I'm 85 kg and will b using the board in smaller waves. I have the taj for bigger waves. I prefer thruster setup and am thinking lost mb1 or clay marzo model. Any recommendations.
                          Cheers
                          Al

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Hey boys,

                            Hellfires perform insane in the surf, all sizes, shapes, and girth :) It is my primary board as I am also 6'5" and 210-215 lbs. The 506 Hellfire works nearly as well in lighter winds, but that 510 will get you that extra planing. The concave on the bottom really helps with upwind. In my personal opinion, I would ride this over any other board in our quiver because it is so versatile...but Felix and Brian are hooked on the KP1! It is personal preference...but if you got some weight on yourself...steer towards the hellfires! You will surprised even with the 506 how well it does.

                            The 600 quadraflex also does awesome in light winds...and is somewhat comparable to the hellfire in that respect. If you are interested in this board...we are dropping them for $500 each...so shoot us a PM if interested.

                            Cheers!

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X