Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Streps scrulls

Hi guys!
    Just ordered my KHF 510, and would like to know if I can use the Cabrinha's straps on it, regarding the screws sizes.
    And about the future fins rear boxes, are them 3/4 in. or 1/2 in. base on the board?
    For exemple, the AMD2 - 5 fin set comes with the front fins in a 3/4 in. tang and the rear fins in 1/2 in. tang (regular set)
    So, if the boxes aren't 3/4 front & 1/2 rear, I will need an adaptor. ( http://www.thesurfboardwarehouse.com...range-hex.aspx )
    Tks!
    Last edited by BIRDZ; 09-06-2012, 10:08 PM.

BIRDZ,

I wouldn't worry about the fin boxes...future makes standard sizes and they have never changed since the existence of the company. We don't change any dimensions...there has been a few discussions regarding this for some reason. If you buy a fin set from future they will fit properly in the fix boxes. A 5 fin set just has the third center thruster set up fin, but again in the standard size for a thruster setup. If you want to use a different fin in the box that is shallower...you can always add the future fin shim.

Comment

Ok Grant, I'll just get the regular fin set than.
      And about the screws, the board comes with it? The screws from major brands straps will fit in?
      Tks again!
      Last edited by BIRDZ; 09-06-2012, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Birdz,

You can also get the adapters from the surfboardwarehouse if needed. http://www.thesurfboardwarehouse.com...fin-shims.aspx
        -Brian
        Last edited by -Brian; 08-13-2012, 08:49 AM.

Comment

All Right Brian, I understand that the KHF uses the standart future fins set regrding the boxes.
          And about the straps screws?
          Last edited by BIRDZ; 09-06-2012, 10:10 PM.

Comment

We typically use 1.24" in the front and .75" stainless wood screws in the rear. Personally I like to take a toothpick and measure to the bottom of the insert holes *after* the pads are on the board and holding the strap in place to measure to determined how deep the screw should be. Always' lean on the shorter side.

-Brian

Comment

Excellent tip on the toothpick, I will do it!
              And the screws diameter? or the hole diameter?

Comment

I'll have to measure them. The .75" and 1.25" stainless screws are the same diameter and the US hardware stores all sell them. Probably .25" I'd guess, but would need to measure to be certain.

-Brian

Comment

I think you're right on the .25", this measure is the same as my current straps screws.
                  Does the board comes with the screws?

Comment

Yes, the boards ship with mounting screws and washers.

-Brian

Comment

Working...
                    X