X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tomo Vanguard

The new Tomo Vanguard looks like it would be perfectly suited 2 kitesurfing! Has anyone tried one of these weapons with a kite, & does FW have any plans to run these as a kite model? I reckon they'd b awesome!

YUP! We are working on that. A proto should be testing soon...very stoked on this shape and we think it will be pretty unbelievable under a kiter's feet. Stay tuned for some good stuff in early 2013!

Comment

Sweet! Hoping it will come in 5'8" to cater for 90kg- 200ish pound- surfers/kiters...

Comment

Originally posted by Grant View Post
        YUP! We are working on that. A proto should be testing soon...very stoked on this shape and we think it will be pretty unbelievable under a kiter's feet. Stay tuned for some good stuff in early 2013!
        That was my exact thought when I saw that board!!!

Comment

Stay tuned for some good stuff in early 2013!
          I cannot wait. I've been wanting to try that board since I've seen it on the Switch Kites facebook page.

Comment

We are looking into the model and it will most likely only be offered in strapless without straps to keep the weight down. Sizing TBD but it will be something usable for all rider types. Stay tuned! We are currently loaded with a few projects and R&D so thank you for your patience.

Comment

We are looking into the model and it will most likely only be offered in strapless without straps to keep the weight down.
              Hey guys, the Vanguard looks like a Mutant "New Generation 2.0"... so please offer also a strapped version for boosting old school air tricks (at least for us, simple mortals not boosting strapless air tricks...)
              Last edited by Phil***; 01-04-2013, 04:05 PM.

Comment

I'm glad to see the Vanguard is in R+D for kiting. First Glance makes me think it will feel at home with a kite. Maybe have a twin-tipish wake skate feel. I can't wait to see the 1st batch. Grant, do you think it might have potential for a light wind board for flat water or sound side kiting?

Comment

I agree with Phil*** & Paolo above ^^^! I think this board should be strapped so it can be ridden to boost massive air, & maybe even flat water twin tip style riding.

Comment

I have the quad kiteboard and ride a number of firewire surfboards including the 5'10" vanguard and I am 92kgs. The thing is a breeze to paddle surf, kiting though it just has too much volume and I personally would want something around 5'4" for a kite board. I kited my 5'6" Sweet Potato and it was terrible but it is awesome to surf! As for straps, I find my quad really heavy so would prefer to have a lighter kiteboard and use something like the NSI pads and straps combo - I also like spreading the load for the pads throughout the deck pad as opposed to some screws in the deck.

Vanguard would be a great kiteboard thats for sure but it carries a lot of volume for its length.

Comment

Been on the 5'6" Vanguard for the past couple weeks and can tell you it's not a twin tip skate feel. It is however a very fluid and fast surf feel, similar to snowboarding on powder. Insane upwind performance and that was setup as a tri fin. Almost afraid to see how much more upwind would be possible with the quad setup. It turns on a dime in the pocket and wants to stay ahead of you. The board has a lot of float for 5'6", there's a lot of volume. Keep in mind that with the parallel outline of the board you have an effective rail line of 6'2" traditional board with the 5'6" Vanguard. We are looking at releasing a 5'4" strapless version initially as that size will offer many riders access to a cutting edge surfboard. Boranup hits the nail on the head with adding a pad/strap combo for folks that want to ride strapped.

-Brian

Comment

Working...
                      X