Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hellfire 5'6 or Quadrefive 6'0

Hi every body
    i don't know what is the best choice between these two boards.
    The goal is to use it with onshore conditions (12-25/30 kn) on a water shoppy with small and short waves but not powerful.
    I am around 80kg and 1,83 m.
    What are your advise ?

Thank you per advance

JB

Originally posted by jibe_150 View Post
    Hi every body
    i don't know what is the best choice between these two boards.
    The goal is to use it with onshore conditions (12-25/30 kn) on a water shoppy with small and short waves but not powerful.
    I am around 80kg and 1,83 m.
    What are your advise ?

Thank you per advance

JB
    Hi,
    I would recommend the 5'6'' This boards will be more versatile when the wind comes up.
    The Length is just a number.
    The shape rocker and bottom concave turn this board into a dream.
    Best Winds
    Felix

Comment

Thank you Felix for your quick answer.
      What are the differences between these two board ? and what are the advantages of the quadrafive in comparaison to the hellfire ?
      Many thanks

Comment

The advantages of the quad would be a little bit width and fish style board out line for the bigger guy to get planning and keep you a floar in the lulls
        The Hellfire will have an advantage in windier conditions as has a more of a performance hybrid feel to it.
        Best of both worlds as it has a double barrel scoop that release's giving you less drag.
        Cheers
        Felix

Comment

Without question as Felix mentions, get the Hellfire. The double concave will show when going upwind and releasing at the bottom turns to go vertical. The board is magic.

Comment

in fact I have a second board for the windy conditions or bigger waves. It is the reason that i was interested by the quadrafive. For the moment? I don't know which i will get it but he hellfire seems to be very interesting ... which one is the most funniest in the conditions described in the beginning of this post ?

Comment

Hey Jibe,

The Hellfire would be a better call for the conditions mentioned above. It will carry through the mush but still allow you to attack the wave with less input from the kite.

-Brian

Comment

1 Vote for the QF

The best choice depends on your style and ability.
                Are you a PRO that rides at the extreme edge, or just a average joe like me.

My weight, wind and waves are similar to yours.
                I ride my QuadraFlex strapless in 4-6 foot surf and it is totally at home.

For me, the wave is the priority and the QF makes me feel like a surfer.
                Its extra length gives it a smooth ride and it tracks backup upwind very well.
                I own 4 Firewires and if I could have only one, the QF would be it.

Win
                Last edited by windyway; 12-23-2012, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Definitely a lot to consider here and probably the best thing to do is try to go somewhere to test them out back to back. I really couldn't tell you much about the QF but I have the Hellfire 5'6". I'm not sure what kind of lulls you might have to consider, but any lull is pretty much going to deter me from hitting the waves, I try to get out only when I KNOW I will be sufficiently powered/slightly overpowered. That being said, I'm on the Outer Banks/Hatteras, renowned for wind, but sometimes there are some long dry spells and many times have to kite in the sound to stay safe. I've definitely managed the lulls pretty well on those days and charged through the choppy waters extremely well. I got the Hellfire to be a bit of a lightwind board but versatile to take on the days when I really wanted to tear it up in the waves or on a strong day in Pamlico Sound. I'm only 140-145 pounds though. The hellfire might not be as wide overall but I feel like it still has some width near the tail which is probably something that will help during the lulls. I could be wrong and I'm sure Felix, Grant, and Brian know the boards better than I. I can speak for the double concave though, super smooth and this board handles the chop better than other brands I've tested out. I've hit some slick in the sounds a few times too and it just feels like it levitates in flat water so I hope I find myself in a nice glassy day in the waves sometime.

Comment

Giving both boards a go is a great option if you can find someone with both boards. There are a number of differences between the two models and personal preference comes into play. I can tell you that by the numbers, most riders lean toward the Hellfires but they are both great board.

-Brian

Comment

Unfortunately, it is not possible to try them before to buy .... So my choice, based on discussion and impressions on shapes, is the QF.

Thank you all for your answers, i Will inform you after first impressions

Comment

I will be honest jibe, The 506 probably has as much low wind or more than the 6 quad due to that double concave on the under deck. Both boards are sweet...but the 506 will be much more versatile. Your call.

Comment

Working...
                        X