Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Queries on the insert free 5'11

Brian/Felix,

Can you share any info on the lighter, insert free 5'11 you are working on. I have the old taj, which I love but always ride strapless. So any info re shape, weight, flex, differences, etc etc so I can decide to delay any board purchase til it's out and when is it due?

Cheers guys

Mike

Hey Mike,

We are looking to shave some significant weight off our upcoming Pure Surf kite models which include a KP1 (very similar to the Taj). By eliminating the inserts and reducing the additional materials required for the inserts we can find a perfect blend of weight/strength. Our initial testing has a weight reduction of over a pound which is significant. We expect to release these in early spring so you will have a little weight.

Hope this helps,
    -Brian

Comment

*wait. :)

Mike,

I would wait if your a strapless monkey. You will benefit much from the lighter weight and performance if pure surf is what you focus on!

Comment

Ok guys thanks, are you getting any more flex with the inserts and stiffening removed?

Mike
        Last edited by Mike dubs; 12-03-2012, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Slightly more flex out of these boards. More noticeable when paddling than with a kite.

Comment

Working...
          X