X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5'8" Hellfire (?)

Any chance of a 5'8" kitesurf Hellfire for 2013?
    Last edited by hrdude; 12-30-2012, 01:46 PM.

Ahhh...they already exist???

Comment

Kite forum Fan haha. I think currently it's the 506 and 510, right? I'd say it's pretty unlikely that they'd fill that gap, but you never know.

Comment

Yea, this is for the kiteforum, thx.

Comment

I posted the link to the firewire 2013 range in another thread - did not see a 5'8" HF, but as said above... you never know

Comment

Here's the link: http://www.thekiteboarder.com/2012/1...uide-firewire/

Comment

Well, we just have the 506 and 510. I have a proto 508 Alternator that I am zeroing in and it is a great thruster. It is shorter than the Kp1 but .1 more volume and a better outline.

We have a lot of boards we are working on for strapless vs strapped as seen in that link. One other option we are considering very strongly is the ability for any of you riders to purchase any shape, any size, custom...in a kite layout.

The only issue that we see is the lead time for shipping. If you are willing to wait around 2 months for that magical shape...a great thing could be lined up for you. Thoughts?

Comment

My mistake...right you are...kiteboards, not surfboards.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant View Post
                  One other option we are considering very strongly is the ability for any of you riders to purchase any shape, any size, custom...in a kite layout. Thoughts?
                  +1
                  You got my vote on this ;-)

Kite layout... means also choice between strapless AND strapped versions, right?

Comment

As Phil said, absolutely. I have no problem waiting 2 months waiting if I can pick any FireWire in kiting (strapless construction).

I think it would be a winner, as the whole experienced surfboard kiting community can handpick their shape knowing it will hold up to kiting forces.

I have fancied the alternator.

Mike

Comment

I'd wait two months too. I already waited 2 months for my KP1 so it won't make much difference... :)

Comment

+1, Yes, custom layout plan for the kite line! Good things come to those who wait.

Comment

YUP! That is the plan gents. It will be awesome. We have proto V2 coming out in a few weeks and that should be the final layout. Stay tuned.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant View Post
                            I have a proto 508 Alternator that I am zeroing in and it is a great thruster. It is shorter than the Kp1 but .1 more volume and a better outline.
                            Grant- You may remember that I have been kiting a 5-8 Alternator surfboard for two years now. It has two extra layers of S glass on the deck, NSI waffle pad and NSI Proton stick-on straps. It my go-to board for the really big days, where strapless riding finally becomes a handicap when trying to get through the break. I've found I can totally trust this board for the biggest drops and deep fast bottom turns. It has a soft fluid ride and is light and quick on my feet. The Alternator makes every big day, a great day!

I've looking forward to trying the HellFire. Can you help me find a demo?
                            Last edited by windyway; 01-08-2013, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X