X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baked Potato Questions

I live in Barranquilla, Colombia which is southern carribean sea. Winds are usually 12-18 knots in the off season and 20-35 knots during the windy season. I am looking for a board that will work for the 70% of the time that we have waist high mushy surf. My current board seems to outrun these slow waves. I don't think there is anything wrong with my current board, i just don't think it is the right board for my weight and these conditions.

I am wondering if the Baked Potato would be a better candidate. My concerns are as follows:
    My weight for such a small board.
    How well this board tracks upwind.

6'3'' 200 lbs
    Intermediate kiter
    Naish Park 10 / 14
    Naish Skater 5'9'' X 19 x 2 3/8 thruster

Really? Not a single reply?

Originally posted by Bryzhy View Post
    I live in Barranquilla, Colombia which is southern carribean sea. Winds are usually 12-18 knots in the off season and 20-35 knots during the windy season. I am looking for a board that will work for the 70% of the time that we have waist high mushy surf. My current board seems to outrun these slow waves. I don't think there is anything wrong with my current board, i just don't think it is the right board for my weight and these conditions.

I am wondering if the Baked Potato would be a better candidate. My concerns are as follows:
    My weight for such a small board.
    How well this board tracks upwind.

6'3'' 200 lbs
    Intermediate kiter
    Naish Park 10 / 14
    Naish Skater 5'9'' X 19 x 2 3/8 thruster

Comment

I'd repost in the kite section of the forum. I'm not sure the kite crew check the surf area.

Comment

Bryzhy,

I would recommend the Hellfire 5'6" (KHF506) or possibly the 5'10" KHF510 if you want to have more float. These are kite specific builds with that are reinforced and do great with upwind. Apologies on the delayed response as we only check the kite forum...

-Brian

Comment

Working...
        X