Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which board to buy?

Hi!

I've been kiteing for a couple of years now on a twintip and am thinking of buying a surfboard since I'm also paddle surfing.

I would like to have a surfboard I could kite and paddle.

I'm quite a light rider with 60kg, I would say I'm at the intermediate level of surfing.
    I normally ride shortboards 6,4 or fish boards 5,10; I prefer the fish shape due to the extra volume.
    Since we have no waves in Slovenia I travel to Fuerta, Lanzarote, Peniche(Portugal), Taghazout(Morocco) and surf waves from 2-3ft to 7ft.

My main goal is to kitesurf strapless... I think it shouldnt be a problem since I'm also paddlesurfing, but than again I haven't tried it yet.

So I would like to ask if anyone could recommend a surf from Firewire kitesurf and surf range(since now there is an option to get them with extra layer)?

Thank you!

Borut

Hi Borut,
    Thanks for your interest in Firewire ,
    With out a doubt in my mind the 5'6 Hellfire will do it for you.
    I weigh 70kg and have no issue surfing this board. It also is a very good travel board to surf and kite with.
    You will not be disappointed with this stick.
    Regards
    Felix

Comment

Originally posted by felixpivec View Post
      Hi Borut,
      Thanks for your interest in Firewire ,
      With out a doubt in my mind the 5'6 Hellfire will do it for you.
      I weigh 70kg and have no issue surfing this board. It also is a very good travel board to surf and kite with.
      You will not be disappointed with this stick.
      Regards
      Felix
      Thanks Felix... but I do think that I would need a bit more volume in the board for my level of surfing =/

The boards I were riding till now had arround 28-30L volume therefore I was also looking at the Hellfire 5'8 and Potatonator 5'6 from the Surfboard quivery since I've heard that there is going to be an option of buying the boards without inserts but still optimised for kiteing.

What would you recon?

Comment

Hi ,
        At your weight- No need . The board is 19 wide. Its perfect. That's what every ones first thoughts are.
        You will love it.
        I'm a very average surfer and can make it work.
        Regards
        Felix

Comment

Hm... so you think it's possible to paddle the board to a knee high waves? If that is the case than I should really go for it =)

I am going to Lanzarote in a couple of weeks to kite... so I hope there's a shop there where I could find the surf and give it a try.

Felix.. thanks again for you're comments.

Best regards,

Borut

Comment

Knee high you need a long board- but waist high not an issue regarding your weight.
            You will be amazed.
            Enjoy

Comment

Hi Felix,

I've got jet a couple more questions... 1st Which fins would you recommend and 2nd do you know of any good Firewire online dealers in europe(to avoid big shipping costs possibly in Austira, Italy)?

Thanks,

Borut

Comment

Try here
                http://thecornershopparis.fr/03surfs...dele-2010.html
                From the sounds of it the Techflex fins are the best for withstanding kiting forces.

Comment

Hi,
                  Everyone has their own preference on fins.
                  I ride the V2 437 . They seem to work the best for me .
                  Regards
                  Felix

Comment

Working...
                  X