Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hellfire 5.10 also strapless for me???

Hello,

I kite mostly in waist to chest high windwaves with very short period. Right now I surf strapless an old paddle-surfboard from mine.
    Now I want to purchase a Firewire board. I think, I will ride most commonly in smaller surf strapless and maybe when it gets bigger and I totally am able to do footswitch with straps. Do you recommend the Hellfire in 5.10 (by the way I am 1,85m and 85 Kg) also to be a good strapless board. How much does it exactly weight with fins? Or should I maybe buy an ordinary Firewire surfboard for strapless and another model for strapped-in from your range?

What about the Quadra-5, which I saw could also be a good one for my needs. Also good for both strepless and strapped surfing?
    I was a little bit worried about the width and thickness of the hellfire tail. Maybe to width and fat for throwing quick hacks in hip high mush?

Comment

Based on your size an intended use I would say the Hellfire 5'10" would be a perfect board. It will turn no problem and is one of our most versatile boards. I would start with that and then see if you think you need an additional board. Pretty sure it will surpass your expectations.

-Brian

Comment

I'm just alittle bit concerned about the weight and the width of the tail. Cause most of the time I will surf without straps. Don't you think an ordinary firewire surfboard(lighter) will suit me better? I'm not jumping with my board. Why do you think the hellfire 5.10 suits me better than the quadra-5?
        Thanks for yout time. The Problem is just the fact, that I have to order from somewhere and cannot touch and feel These boards in my Hands.

Originally posted by -Brian View Post
        Based on your size an intended use I would say the Hellfire 5'10" would be a perfect board. It will turn no problem and is one of our most versatile boards. I would start with that and then see if you think you need an additional board. Pretty sure it will surpass your expectations.

-Brian

Comment

Originally posted by paipel View Post
          I'm just alittle bit concerned about the weight and the width of the tail. Cause most of the time I will surf without straps. Don't you think an ordinary firewire surfboard(lighter) will suit me better? I'm not jumping with my board. Why do you think the hellfire 5.10 suits me better than the quadra-5?
          Thanks for yout time. The Problem is just the fact, that I have to order from somewhere and cannot touch and feel These boards in my Hands.
          It will weigh more than our standard surfboards with the construction being tailored towards the demands of kiting. This will make the board last at least a couple seasons. The Hellfire 5'10" is a better fit as it's a more updated design and more versatile (steep vertical attacks and light wind performance from the same board). If you were paddle surfing the board or working on aerial's, board weight would be more of a factor. Based on your size and weight this is very well suited for you.

-Brian

Comment

Working...
          X