Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Vanguard in kite version (FST, no TimberTEK) will be available in 5'0, 5'2, 5'4 and 5'6.... as far as I know ;-)
    Phil
    Have Fun & Ride Safe

Comment

Originally posted by Phil*** View Post
      The Vanguard in kite version (FST, no TimberTEK) will be available in 5'0, 5'2, 5'4 and 5'6.... as far as I know ;-)
      Phil
      Have Fun & Ride Safe
      That is some of the best news ever!!! I put another crease in the board this past weekend :-( (but, it was a fun 5m kite in shoulder high wind swell session). For those of you keeping track: yes, that's the third break in the board. This one was close to the rear foot.

Anyhow, I keep getting the board repaired because I love riding it. It's such a fun board - super fast, smooth, easy to jump, and travels well. My only complaint with it has been the durability. I keep repairing it because I was convinced that the kite version wouldn't come out in my size. Now that I know it may come out in 5'0" in FST, I might not bother doing another repair to it.

Super stoked! :-)

Comment

Extract from the 2014 Kiteboard Catalog posted here :
        http://www.kiteforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2382230

Phil
        Have Fun & Ride Safe

Comment

Curious to know if anyone has ordered a FST kite construction Vanguard yet. If so, what's the final retail price and is it expected to be a January delivery timeframe?

Comment

Good news, you can expect to see the Vanguard in FST out early/mid Feb. Retail pricing is $750 MSRP for all of our 2014 kiteboard lineup. Thanks for your patience and can tell you that these boards are well worth the wait. If you want to be certain to get one early then please send an email to [email protected]

-Brian

Comment

Originally posted by KiterStan View Post
              Curious to know if anyone has ordered a FST kite construction Vanguard yet. If so, what's the final retail price and is it expected to be a January delivery timeframe?
              In Oz, the earliest delivery date is March 2014 - retail price is $975.00AU - board only.

Comment

Hello! Boards are arriving soon...it has been a process but just in time for the season. We will announce on this page, Facebook, and probably online on the website.

Comment

Hello !!! Which board could i choose please ? i have a KP1 and love this board in the medium or high conditions but i search a board for the light/medium conditions ! i m 170 cm and 76 kgs .
                  I use my SP (surf version ) actually but i m afraid about broken it .
                  Which vanguard ? 5'4 or 5'2 ?

Thanks for your answers and sorry for my english ..........

Comment

• Phill
                    Phill commented
                    Editing a comment
                    If you have any intention to paddle surf it go 5'4. Kite only go 5'2.
                    That's my take anyway.

thanks for your answer ! i think i ll take a 5'4 if i could use it to surf too . My shop give me a 5'4 to test in may 2014 ....... Can't wait !!!

Comment

Which wave could i surf with the 5'4 VG without kite ?

Comment

• Phill
                      Phill commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Chest to head high, lined up clean stuff would be optimum.

I paddle surf a 5'9"/5'10" Vanguard and on the weekend I rode my Rapidfire 5"10" in the surf with my Wainman 7.5m Mr Green in small down the line surf. it was far better than I thought and reflected everything I love in it as a surfboard. I will be going for the largest Vanguard kite specific model I can get. I like to use the kite as an aid to get out and catch waves and then switch it off to surf - couldnt get off it in the end - loved it!

Comment

I,m 75kg & have a 5'0 Sweet Potato that I use for kiting, what size VG would you guys recommend to go with the SP?......I,m thinking 5'2 ??

Comment

Hey top,

I'm around 75kg and started on the 5'6" Vanguard which was way to much board unless you want an extreme light wind board. Then went to the 5'2" which was great and now the 5'0" which for me is insane. Thinking I could do a 4'10" if it was offered in kite construction but the 5'0" will do just fine :) This is of course for medium/high wind although with the designs planing ability the 5'0" VG still does better than my conventional 6'1" thruster for upwind on light wind days. Amazing board.

-Brian

Comment

Hi Brian, whats your idea of medium to high wind mate ?

Comment

Working...
                          X