Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, does anybody know how to actually order one of these? Firewire doesn't return calls or emails, the kiteboard shopping site redirects to a holding page, and Felix doesn't return PM's. I really just want somebody to take my money already.

Comment

Bushflyr, shoot me an email at [email protected] and I'll be certain to get you squared away. Not sure why you haven't been receiving the love, but would be happy to hear more about that in email and see what we can do about that as well.

Thanks,
      -Brian

Comment

Awesome! Vanguard 5'4" kite construction in hand and wind in the forecast!
        Thanks to Felix and Brian for hooking me up!

Comment

Hi guys I'm 89kgs would the 5'6" at 28 odd liters be enough volume for less kite dependent free cross shore kiteing?

Comment

Hi everybody!

I'm hesitating between Vanguard 5'0 and 5'2. I'm 140lbs (63Kgs) for 1m70 height. I have a medium level in strapless kitesurfing but I've surfing (witout kite) for 17 years. I've already the Firewire KP1 5'11 which I love but I would complete my quiver by the VG. I don't want to surf with it but only surfkiting.

Thanks in advance for your answers!

Cheers!

Comment

• Phil***
              Phil*** commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi David,

I think that for your size a 5'0 would be the ticket!
              If BZH mean Bretagne, you can give a call to Vincent in TheCornerShop-Paris, he has extensive experience with all the vanguard sizes (note that his favourite is the 5'0... even if he weight 75kg)
              http://www.thecornershop.fr/
              Hope this help

Phil
              Have Fun & Ride Safe

up..

Comment

• DavidBzh
              DavidBzh commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi Phil!

Thanks for your answer! I've called Vincent and he said me I could get the VG 5'0 due to my light weight. But I'd like to have a board for light wind (12/15knts) and small waves so I think I'll get the 5'2.

Agreed. I'm 145 lbs and am using the 5'0". Love it. If you want to surf it, then I'd go 5'2". It sounds like it'll be a kitesurfing-dedicated board though.

Comment

Hi guys i have since bought a 5'5"vanguard FST which i am so happy with,I have kited with it in two foot slop and in way overhead solid swell and it handles all conditions well.The up capability is exceptional. I am running a set of Captians quad fins which have good hold and flex through turns,the extra area on the front of the board really helps the board stay to your feet.At 90kgs the'5'5 is spot on for me..Cheers happy kiting...
              Last edited by taxii; 09-24-2014, 12:32 AM.

Comment

Hey Taxii,

You must mean a 5'6" unless its a surf version. We have the kite versions in 5'0", 5'2", 5'4" and 5'6" only. Great decision on the 5'6", that board should work really well for your size.

-Brian

Comment

Hi Brian yes it's a fst I bought through Local Knowledge surf shop Noosaville QLD Australia,a mate of mine has a 5'6" kite version and it feels very similar under arm.l got the 5'5" because I couldn't get the 5'6" at the time.Just spent 3weeks kiteing ,surfing ,Cunggu Bali and I have to say the more I use it the better it feels,once you get over the look of this board and feel the way it works, it quite exceptional,l love it..

Comment

Great to hear Taxii. It's a shame so many people get hung up on the look of the boards. They truly are the next evolution of modern surfboard design and like any new thing, it takes a while for people to come around. But congrats on taking the leap. I agree 100%, the more you ride the shape the more you realize it's potential. After nearly 2 years on them I'm still blown away how you can push the board that much more and it will stay ahead of you.

-Brian

Comment

Working...
                    X