Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Expected wait for an order of a board with the kiteboarding construction is? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expected wait for an order of a board with the kiteboarding construction is?

I have seen many different times from 4 - 12 week wait for a board with kiteboarding construction. Does it depend on what board it is? If so, I am interested in the V4 5' 6". Possibly a Vanguard, not sure what size (depending on if I can find a demo in this area.) Thanks. Also, is there anywhere on your site that shows the difference in weight for a board in regular surf construction vs kiteboarding construction? I could not find this. If not, can someone tell me the weight of the V4 5' 6" in kiteboarding construction?

Hi Andy,

My suggestion would be to get a Vanguard 5'6" that's now available and shipping in the kite construction instead of trying to custom order. You'll find the Vanguard to be a great board.

-Brian

Comment

Thanks Brian. I have had a chance to demo the vanguard 5' 4" in small surf, about 2-3 feet, and it felt a little big for me. I weigh 130 lbs or 59kg. Other than that, I loved the initial feel of it and how it surfed, but want to try it on a little bigger wave. The local shop only has the 5' 4" for demo so I am guessing on what size is really right for me between the 5' 0" and 5' 2". What is the suggested board for my weight with a kite? I am very good at aggressive surfing, not an entry level surfer at all. Typically use a 10m kite & 12m with most windy days between 14kts and 22kts if that helps.

I also have another question. I absolutely loved the V4 5' 6" in the thruster setup, and is everything I want in aggressive turns, speed, NO pearling when dropping late and bottom turning hard to bury the rail for aggressive bottom turns, early planing, smooth through chop. In your opinion, (if you have ridden both V4 and Vanguard or know the shape design well) will I get this same feel from the Vanguard? Since I cant get the V4 in the kite construction, will be happy with the Vanguard if it performs the same. A little worried that it may pearl on our East Coast waves as they are tight more curvy barrels, without that point in the nose but am I wrong?? (I wish you guys would consider the V4 for kiteboard construction... awesome board!)

Thanks for your help Brian!

Comment

Hey Andy, At your weight I would definitely go 5'0". I've been on that for the last year and have 30lbs on you. The 5'0" Vanguard a 7m and 9m get me on the water in any condition. Even when the guys are using 14m kites it's easy to stay upwind with them on that board. The vanguard nose design with a slight concave in it is specifically intended not to pearl. It was made for ariel surfing and landing nose first. After riding this model for the last year or so, I really think that you won't have any issue with it pearling. I've yet to have that be an issue in everything from ankle biter to triple overhead surf and that includes some of the east coast barrels :)

Thanks for the interest

Comment

Ok great. I ordered the 5'0". Cant wait to get it and thanks for your help Brian!!

Comment

Great choice Andy. You'll be stoked!

-Brian

Comment

Working...
            X