X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by raycas73 View Post
    Where have you bought your Firewire in Britany Jerome plz ? I m searching one (5'10 or 5'6 ) but it s difficult to find it !!!
    Check this thread...
    http://www.firewiresurfboards.com/f/...llfire-and-KP1

Phil
    Have Fun & Ride Safe

Comment

hye raycas73
      i have bought my board in country 29 sideshore brest shop ,this is the only one board in brittany in mars 2012
      now ,a shop in my country 56 seems to be interested in distibute firewire kiteboarding the shop is carnac evasion ask thomas but he don't have one now ,you must command and wait the board
      may be in september
      se you on the water

Comment

Originally posted by jerome View Post
        hye raycas73
        i have bought my board in country 29 sideshore brest shop ,this is the only one board in brittany in mars 2012
        now ,a shop in my country 56 seems to be interested in distibute firewire kiteboarding the shop is carnac evasion ask thomas but he don't have one now ,you must command and wait the board
        may be in september
        se you on the water
        Please contact Myles at
        [email protected]
        He will sort it out for you and Enjoy
        Felix

Comment

Thank Felix for the adress mail !!!

Originally posted by jerome View Post
          hye raycas73
          may be in september
          se you on the water
          Jerome , peux tu me filer ton numero de portable l adresse suivante : [email protected]

On se connait : j ai des Slash au pied et je navigue en RPM ......

A plus

Comment

Feedback?

Hi all and thanks for the superb information.
            Having recently acquired a HellFire 5.6, I am reviving this thread in order to gather the "lessons learned" from the initial poster(s).
            This in order to avoid starting collecting fins myself ;-)
            The standard fins delivered with this board are Quad Vector II's in size 375. Yet most if not all posts in this thread recommend larger fins. Have you all found this to work better? And if so, in what conditions (lighter winds? bigger waves?). Or maybe this is only beneficial to people weighing "a bit" more?
            For your information, I (should) weigh 75kg and will be using the board in small waves and choppy conditions with winds ranging from not enough to over 30 knots (in other words, the Belgian coast).
            and am wondering whether the supplied set of fins will cover these conditions.

Comment

The answer to your question is there's no perfect fin for every person and a it's really personal preference. There's a lot involved with surf conditions, rider size/weight, rider ability, how you weight your feet, trix or traditional surfing, even things like fresh vs. salt water or salt content will affect boyancy and how your board/fins will feel. Personally I like to try a lot of fin models and then make a buying decision. In the states you can do this with programs like the Surfboard Warehouses Finatic program http://www.thesurfboardwarehouse.com...cription.aspx/

But not sure if something like that exists overseas. The other option is your local surf shop may have a Futures fin tree/Test Ride Center http://www.futuresfins.com/fin-tree.php and in some cases they will let you take out a set of fins to test drive.

The one thing that I've found is the Techflex technology seems to hold up better with the added punishment of kiting. I've gone through several honeycomb sets that tend to eventually split down the middle. The standard plastic's do fine as a starting point/all around or backup set. Or you may just like the way they feel the best. But generally speaking you'll find the composite fins like the techflex's have a lot of benefit in terms of weight and performance.

Hope this helps and don't be afraid to experiment and share your own personal findings here.

-Brian

Comment

Thank you Brian for the friendly help.

I am not aware of a shop that carries the so called "fin tree".
                In fact I know of no shop that caries any Futures fins in my area.
                Online information therefore is my only source of information.

Your experience with respect to the stronger Techflex fins versus honeycomb is well noted and will save me from having to finance this knowledge myself.

And I will certainly get back here after having built up some personal experience with the board and fins...

Comment

No problem surfhenk. Be sure and post your findings and good luck!

Comment

I just got my 5'6" in the mail the other day. There was very little wind to try the board out but I've been experimenting on lightwind boards all week, pulling the fins off twin tips to allow some versatility in my tacks. Our station was reading 10-13 mph. I didn't have any wax but I decided to go ahead and try my 15m kite with the Hellfire without the fins. The Cabrinha S-Quad with fins just felt too slow in the water so I wanted to see if finless helped. It definitely worked. The front section of the board got up on plane super fast and I didn't really feel any need for fins with the double concave. The board seemed to want to turn onto the rail. Probably not the most useful knowledge but if you don't have a light wind board, consider messing around without the fins (in a bay or sound of course). Super fun to learn shove-its this way too.

Paolo

Comment

Working...
                    X