Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hellfire SURFKITE 5.6

HYE.
    IS IT POSSIBLE TO PUT TRI FIN ON MY BOARD
    WHICH FUTURE tri FIN'S works on this board which have two difference deep box fin's due to the quatro configuration
    thanhs for you help

Originally posted by jerome View Post
    HYE.
    IS IT POSSIBLE TO PUT TRI FIN ON MY BOARD
    WHICH FUTURE tri FIN'S works on this board which have two difference deep box fin's due to the quatro configuration
    thanhs for you help
    Hi Jerome,
    I use this board with 437 Vector II Fins.It works really well this way and gives you great drive of the bottom
    Enjoy
    Regards
    Felix

Comment

Originally posted by felixpivec View Post
      Hi Jerome,
      I use this board with 437 Vector II Fins.It works really well this way and gives you great drive of the bottom
      Enjoy
      Regards
      Felix
      hye felix
      i have already the F4 437 VECTOR 2 ON MY BOARD which is the quatro configuration with works well and have more deep box than the 3 others at the back
      i want to try truster configuration and i need fin's which have a deep into the box egal at he 3 others at the back
      could you give me the different reference of future fin's that can use in this case
      thanks for you response

Comment

i want to try truster configuration and i need fin's which have a deep into the box egal at he 3 others at the back
        could you give me the different reference of future fin's that can use in this case
        thanks for you response[/QUOTE]

Hi Mate,
        Dont quite understand what you are saying
        Do you want to try it a a quad 4 fins???
        Little confussed with----------------deep into the box egal at he 3 others at the back
        Thanks Felix

Comment

I think he means the futures having the 2 different depth boxes for the front and back fins

Comment

hie felix,
            my engliish is not good and i m confused ,and prjwebb seems to understand what i try to explain and the 2 different depth boxes,so maybe it's more clear for you and you have find a solution for thruster cofiguration and the hellfire
            thanks

Comment

A standard thruster set will have a shallower base to fit the rear box I believe.

Comment

Hi there ,
                I have just used a few different sets of fins that seem to fit in the boxes- never had the issue.
                Probably because I have found what works really well for me and sticking to my moto- Why change it if it really works well.
                Sorry that I can not give you a answer here on the different fins but maybe some else with more experience with different depth on the future fins can give their 2 cents
                Cheers
                Felix

Comment

I think it's just something that's standard in Futures. 3/4" front boxes and 1/2" rear boxes to allow for thinner tails.

Comment

Any of the standard Future's will work. I've played with a number of their designs and various construction and can tell you that I personally lean more towards the larger fins (AM2's, Rusty's, etc) in the Techflex build. They seem to have the most drive and hold for kiting. Remember even with the lightest input from the kite there is still some energy being generated which is significantly different than paddle surfing where it's up to the rider/wave to generate all energy. With the extra speed created by the kite the larger fins help.

Fin's make a huge difference. Here's a link to Futures site with all the spec's and types of fins available.
                    http://www.futuresfins.com/catalog.php

-Brian

Comment

hye brian ,felix and prjweb
                      i want to try the thruster on the hellfire to go to reverse and 360 front and back which is difficult in quatro configuration, hellfire in quatro is very good in strong wind and good waves ,i have also try it in twins front and back which give you full speed in light wind and carve more and the tail nice sensation under you foot
                      now i missed a little push on the back foot in this configuration to go to transition reverse and 360 that 's why i want to have a good set of tri fin for light and medium wind and good waves

in my opinion first ,i think that litte fin like the f2 honeycomb 4.15 inch is good but may be i 'made a mistake
                      perhaps the AM2 teckflex 4.79 is better for what i want to practise on the hellfire ,my weight is 80 kgs
                      jerome

Comment

For surfing if I wanted a loose fin I'd go for something like the WCT set which is very upright and releases well which would help with reverses and 360s.
                        Not sure how it translates to kiteboarding though. Maybe Felix and Brian have better insight.

Comment

ok,
                          i have tested the F4 TECKFLEX TODAY ,and the board work well with
                          this board is magic ,one board and several play

light wind in twin fins,turns on the rail on turn with stance on front foot
                          truster for medium wind, turns on the fins and keep air also very stable on choppy condition
                          quad for windy day ,turn in the pocket ,stay above the white waves and control at the critical section
                          the best surf kite i have under my foot since 3 years in the side,side on ,on windy conditions like i practise lot here in brittanny
                          may be is liitle for big wave but i have no big conditions in summer ,wait winter and have a look
                          see you on the water

Comment

Sounds great Jerome! Spread the stoke on the forums!!!

Comment

Where have you bought your Firewire in Britany Jerome plz ? I m searching one (5'10 or 5'6 ) but it s difficult to find it !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X