X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hellfire 5'6" for Fiji?

I'm 175lbs, 5' 11" tall intermediate+ kitesurfer (5 years kiting). Last directional board was a Naish global 6'-1" (~18.5" wide quad). I'm taking a trip to Fiji (Namotu) in 2 months, need to buy a new toy beforehand. I'm looking for something that will be stable on overhead+ waves but be a little faster to turn than my global.

For my weight is the 5'6" hell fire a good choice? I'm reluctant to ride a board that short, but I haven't tried on in surf (nor can I realistically demo before I need to order). I'm a kook surfer so surfing on the board is not an issue. I'm not worried about upwind performance, nor performance in chop. WIll ride it strapless in small surf, strapped in large. Wishing I could bring a fleet of boards down there but it looks like travel gear will be limited! (1 kiteboard only).

Thanks!

GK

Originally posted by sledrat View Post
    I'm 175lbs, 5' 11" tall intermediate+ kitesurfer (5 years kiting). Last directional board was a Naish global 6'-1" (~18.5" wide quad). I'm taking a trip to Fiji (Namotu) in 2 months, need to buy a new toy beforehand. I'm looking for something that will be stable on overhead+ waves but be a little faster to turn than my global.

For my weight is the 5'6" hell fire a good choice? I'm reluctant to ride a board that short, but I haven't tried on in surf (nor can I realistically demo before I need to order). I'm a kook surfer so surfing on the board is not an issue. I'm not worried about upwind performance, nor performance in chop. WIll ride it strapless in small surf, strapped in large. Wishing I could bring a fleet of boards down there but it looks like travel gear will be limited! (1 kiteboard only).

Thanks!

GK
    Hi GK,
    I think you would really enjoy the 5'6''. lot of people freak out about the length but I have to say the board is magic. You will really enjoy it and also get plenty of use where you live as if you went with the 5'11 it is more suited to waves like Fiji but then when you get in the slop it lags a little so for a all round purchase I would go with the 5'6 you will not be disappointed this board will also get you up and going early.
    Enjoy and please keep us posted
    Regards
    Felix

Comment

As Felix says...you will go nuts on that 506!!! I AM 6'4" and 215 lbs and use the 506 as my primary board!

Comment

Working...
      X