Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hellfire and KP1?

Hi,

I am looking for one board to replace my Cabrinha 6'1 Trigger. I am 5'11 and 12 stone, 168 pounds. Ride exclusively strapless in UK, mushy waist to shoulder height waves, cross-on mostly. My instinct is to go for the KP1 24.4L but would appreciate another opinion.

I am hoping for faster and more powerful top to bottom turns.

Thanks Gents

Ben.
    Last edited by bgray46; 07-16-2012, 10:47 AM.

Ben,

The KP1 is a great option for your size, but maybe look into the 506 Hellfire as well. It may be a little more versatile in a variety of conditions, from light to heavy in wind and surf. It comes with a 5 fin setup which gives you the option to go a thruster or quad setup. The KP1 thruster is a powerful and traditional surf shape which you will be happy with as well. I would say the Hellfire is ultimately a solid option as a lot of people are stoked on the versatility.

Comment

Hi Grant,

Thanks for getting back to me and the advice. I like your point about the versatility and think it would be great to switch between thruster and quad.

Just to add another thing into the mix would this be considered too small for me to paddle surf?

Cheers,

Ben.

Comment

I don't think so...I think you would be fine on the 506...def the 511. Hellfire is a great board...go onto the Firewire surfboard site and plug in your weight/skill level into the volume calc and check it out!

Comment

I ride in the UK, exactly same conditions and the Taj, which the KP1 replaces has been a great board for the last 18mnths for me and I'm nearly 2 stone heavier than you.

mike

Comment

hallo guys, where do you buy the kp1 or khf? here on line or you have a shop in UK where just have the kp1 or khf in shop? i live in italy and not possible to find a kiteboard firewire, if you can tell me ............... thanks by by............

Comment

I got my mates in Boardworx , Whitstable , Kent, UK to get my original ones in. They are now a dealer, they have a Taj in stock, but ring them (details on the web ), talk to Mark, Lance or Ollie, say hi from Mike.

Mike

Comment

Thanks Mike and Grant - Think I'll go for the 506 Hellfire as like the idea of the flatter rocker to pick-up speed. We have pretty short periods between waves so good to be able to turn it on quickly.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Cheers!!

Ben.

Comment

Originally posted by trep1 View Post
                  hallo guys, where do you buy the kp1 or khf? here on line or you have a shop in UK where just have the kp1 or khf in shop? i live in italy and not possible to find a kiteboard firewire, if you can tell me ............... thanks by by............
                  You can contact my mates on :
                  http://www.thecornershopparis.fr/shop/

They have the full range in stock
                  Attachment

Phil
                  Have Fun & Ride Safe
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Phil***; 07-19-2012, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X