Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small wave board

Hi

I am looking to get board for summer afternoon seebreezes in Adelaide, Au.
    We get rather good seebrezes with crappy 1-3 ft waves on face.

I am 186cm and about 88kg

I have 2011 SS verve 6' W19.3" T2.5, it works well down south in open ocean with decent swell.
    Gets me going in rather low winds, but it's just not fun in such small waves as it doesn't float in that small wave.

Some time ago I tried SS dialer 5'10" W20.7" T 2.375" this one is fun in that small mush. however seemed to be bit big.

Dominator looks bit smaller at 5'8" W20" T2.375" would that board be fun and carry me in this small sb wind swell?

Sorry I did dig thru forums, but just am not getting those numbers as in theory verve is 2.5" thick nd should have more float.

Ty

Originally posted by Maigais View Post
    Hi

I am looking to get board for summer afternoon seebreezes in Adelaide, Au.
    We get rather good seebrezes with crappy 1-3 ft waves on face.

I am 186cm and about 88kg

I have 2011 SS verve 6' W19.3" T2.5, it works well down south in open ocean with decent swell.
    Gets me going in rather low winds, but it's just not fun in such small waves as it doesn't float in that small wave.

Some time ago I tried SS dialer 5'10" W20.7" T 2.375" this one is fun in that small mush. however seemed to be bit big.

Dominator looks bit smaller at 5'8" W20" T2.375" would that board be fun and carry me in this small sb wind swell?

Sorry I did dig thru forums, but just am not getting those numbers as in theory verve is 2.5" thick nd should have more float.

Ty
    Hi there,
    Judging by your size and how you have described your past experiences.
    I would have to say the New 5'10 Hellfire will float you thru all the small stuff and get you carving as the tail comes in a fair bit.
    It also has different fin configurations that will be able to give you a few different options for feel in different conditions.
    Hope you get to Enjoy the Hellfire
    Felix

Comment

Thnx, thought that 5'10" hellfire is one, just hoped for bit smaller board :). Will try to see boards in live in Melbourne, there are some distributors.

Maigais

Comment

Maigais,

If the 510 is too small...go to the 506. You will be surprised in the capabilities even compared to the 510...knock those 4 inches off.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant View Post
          Maigais,

If the 510 is too small...go to the 506. You will be surprised in the capabilities even compared to the 510...knock those 4 inches off.
          Mate did you mean to big?

Maigais

Comment

I think Grant meant to big.

Although at your weight the 5'10" Hellfire would work fine for lighter days or more float. But the 5'6" Hellfire would also work if you want to sink a little more rail in the water and have something a bit more snappy. Don't worry so much about thickness as volume and width is more important on these shapes and both will get up and plane quickly.

-Brian

Comment

Working...
            X