X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dominator for me?

Im fairly new to kiting but not directional boards. So far Ive been riding twins and not been able to a ride board I really like. Im used to a thruster and a friend mentioned the dominator. I am 6'4" 240lbs and ride Sherman Island and hopefully occasional ocean. Just in case your not familiar Sherman has mid to tightly spaced troughs for the most part so I need something that can still cut through the chop (thin Im guessing). I like to ride toe side rather than switch so edging is a huge factor.

Does the dominator sound like a good candidate, what size? I may have access to one to give it a ride but though I would also ask in here.!!

Originally posted by RipRoar View Post
    Im fairly new to kiting but not directional boards. So far Ive been riding twins and not been able to a ride board I really like. Im used to a thruster and a friend mentioned the dominator. I am 6'4" 240lbs and ride Sherman Island and hopefully occasional ocean. Just in case your not familiar Sherman has mid to tightly spaced troughs for the most part so I need something that can still cut through the chop (thin Im guessing). I like to ride toe side rather than switch so edging is a huge factor.

Does the dominator sound like a good candidate, what size? I may have access to one to give it a ride but though I would also ask in here.!!
    Hi there ,
    You will be totally at home on our new 5'10 Hellfire you will love it. This board will be perfect as it will slice thru the chop, it will carry your weight, get you around and turn on a dime
    You will not be disappointed
    Enjoy
    Felix

Comment

Felix, who is the Dominator best for? Style, light wind, skill leval etc.

I ask as I have been on the 6.0 quadra last 15 months and I like to ride strappped, but alway jibe at every turn, not into toe side.
      Half the time I am out of the back strap as it seems too far back unless I am really powered and use it more in one direction than another. The Dominator seems to have the inserts closer together, but the front insert looks like it should be a little farther forward.
      I have been very happy with the 6.0 as I am 200lbs, and my biggest kite is a 10m. I have over 240 days on it as I live in a windy location.

Also would the Dominator get me going in lighter wind than the Quadra on the same size kite?
      Last edited by Godlike; 11-29-2012, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Godlike View Post
        Felix, who is the Dominator best for? Style, light wind, skill leval etc.

I ask as I have been on the 6.0 quadra last 15 months and I like to ride strappped, but alway jibe at every turn, not into toe side.
        Half the time I am out of the back strap as it seems too far back unless I am really powered and use it more in one direction than another. The Dominator seems to have the inserts closer together, but the front insert looks like it should be a little farther forward.
        I have been very happy with the 6.0 as I am 200lbs, and my biggest kite is a 10m. I have over 240 days on it as I live in a windy location.

Also would the Dominator get me going in lighter wind than the Quadra on the same size kite?
        I would strongly recommend the New 5'10'' Hellfire
        You will be right at home on that board.
        It will do exactly what your looking for.
        Regards
        Felix

Comment

Ok, but how or whom is the Dominator meant to be used for ?

Comment

RipRoar, hit up Evan and crew at Live2Kite for a look at the boards. Think they may have a demo or two available at Sherman.

Godlike, the Dom is a great board for upwind (as a quad) and people starting out on a surf shape. It has a lot of volume and very egg like shape which makes it inherently stable. The 5'10" Hellfire will have similar upwind capability for someone your size/weight, but a much more surf feel. It will want to carve and surf vertical more freely than the Dom. It's an amazing board and highly recommended.

Hope this helps,
            -Brian

Comment

As Felix and Brian said, try out that Hellfire...its the dominator with more added benefits such as upwind, drive, and all over performance. If your intention is get into the surf more, the Hellfire will help aid in that goal.

Comment

Working...
              X