X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 50young View Post
    Why is it women think just cause you surfed yesterday you don't have to go again today?? jahjahjah
    I think they understand the addiction, what they don't understand is why it isn't them!

Comment

Originally posted by prjwebb View Post
      Morocco quiver
      Attachment

FFE604R / FTJ600Q-CBD / FMN510R

Hopefully the waves are good and I won't wish I had a Sweet Potato or Spitfire in there instead of a 604 rounded pin...
      That rounded pin looks sick though
      The 6'1 is my all time fave so your 6'4 should be the goods
      Hope it goes well for you
      Attached Files

Comment

Yeah really nice shape!

Comment

PRJ...didnt the Mini Driver die in a horrible accident? Is that the replacement??

Comment

Didn't die. Just a crack. That's repaired :)

Comment

dang. frankendriver.

Comment

haha it sounds like the board featured in the Final Destination movie.

Comment

Struggling to commit to which 3 boards to take later...
                  Attachment

604 Flexfire and 510 Mini Driver are definitely coming. It's whether I take the 600 CBD, the 508 Spitfire or the 502 Sweet Potato.
                  My thinking is, having the Spitfire there would give me the most range, but the CBD is my favourite board and if the waves are right I'd rather be on that than anything. The Potato could offer a couple of real fun days out there but realistically it probably isn't necessary...
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Phill; 11-19-2012, 01:48 AM.

Comment

From my experience on any surf trip the favorite board is the first board to get packed
                    After that it would be an inbetweener for when conditions are marginal
                    And of course the trusty step up
                    But if your comfortable riding your Taj when the swell is up you could get away with not having a step up
                    I think I would leave the potato at home as well

Comment

Yeah, last time I was there though I found my 602 Taj had a little too much rocker, especially in the tail for the points. The CBD feels like it is slightly relaxed though but it might be an optical illusion due to the increased rail thickness.
                      The Mini Driver feels like it's going to work really well there with the low exit rocker, extra width and quad option and I'm thinking the Taj could overlap with that board a lot and I wouldn't gain a lot having both. That said, having a back up incase one gets damaged isn't a bad idea...

Comment

First board I would pack is the MD...that think looks like it has enough range to suit most conditions. I too was stuck with either a SP or Spit when I went to indo as an "insurance" board but went with the Spit...I figured I would do something else to do if the surf was that bad that I neede the SP. Not sure if the waves their a super sucky...but if they are just typically good clean surf I would be going the FF again because its slightly more versatile than the TJ. Oh and by the way...you will probably only ride one anyway lol.

Comment

Yeah the Taj is widened out and pretty versatile though.
                          I'm going 604R Flexfire for solid stuff, 600Q Taj/CBD for shoulder to overhead hollower or pockety stuff and 510 Mini Driver as an all rounder for chest to overhead slopey points or small hollow beachies if the swell vanishes.

Comment

I am in the same boat as you prjwebb to many boards too choose from . Will be checking the long range forecast and make the call just before I leave will be their for most of Jan so expecting some solid swell at some point . Will be taking two all rounders a Stealth and a Fuego and will borrow a mates step up if required and will take a spitfire but I do not think it may even get wet . The last two times down their I may have required a grovel board maybe only for one or two days in total and the fuego can cover those days.

Comment

Yeah I agree. In a month it's very likely you'll want a step up.
                              Last time I surfed the Spitfire quite a bit but that was in head high killers so could easily have been on another board.

Comment

I would say that guys who are heading down their with not much knowledge of the lineups and want to know what to take , think a little longer thicker boards why I say that is the waves are powerful but not often perfect , you need boards that can drive though the lumps and bumps take boards which you trust because you can take some heavy hits long hold downs so know your board . Indo boards may not suit thinner more refined boards for perfect conditions . Thats my take anyway

Comment

Working...
                                X