X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some advice re Portugal

I have the opportunity to go to Portugal next year...a teacher I want to see is retiring and this is his last ever presentation. I will be around this time next year. I will be taking my wife and we want to make a holiday of it. Very keen to make contact with anyone who lives there or goes there regularly or even just knows the place well. Yes I can research the net and get some ideas but would much rather make contact with one or more of my FW brothers to find out all I need to know about the place like where to stay, where to surf, what attractions to visit etc etc. Thanks in advance guys.

Buddy you're gonna have a blast. Great food, beautiful people and incredible waves!!!. I haven't heard but good things about it!!!.

Comment

Thanks Iggy...It would have been the last place I would have gone to but I dont want miss the opportunity to hear the teacher speak ..your words have me excited. Details people give me details !!

Comment

I've seen sooo many fun waves over there!!! (not in person unfortunately). I actually have a friend from Australia who was there last week for a week having a blast (and he has traveled around)

Comment

Hi,

I'm from Portugal, I can give you some advice and tips about my country and waves.

Cheers,
          Renato

Comment

This might help
            http://www.globalsurfers.com/country...?land=Portugal

Comment

Wow thanks Iggy,,,super helpful...thats a great site.

Comment

This is what my mate sent me:
                "for a vacation surf trip i'd recommend staying at blue buddah hostal in Ericeira, beautiful area has 52 restuarants in the town with really good waves!
                Also to make the wife happy a day trip to sintra to check out the mouras castle.
                they are both close to lisbon and easily accesible with a car or by bus."

Comment

Again wow iggy...without going into detail why..that sounds perfect

Comment

Hope you guys have a blast over there and score some fun waves!!!.
                    It looks pretty neat!! http://www.bluebuddhahostel.com
                    Last edited by iggy; 09-20-2012, 12:42 AM.

Comment

i think the peniche area is worth a look too. there's a whole range of waves in the area facing in different directions so depending on swell size and wind direction there is usually somewhere good to surf. aside from the surfing though I don't think there's much on offer in that area.

Comment

I hear the local wines are OK!

Comment

You guys are awesome thanks for the support.

Comment

Buddy wine is really good on the valle of the Duoro!. You got to get your hands onto some nice Porto!!! ;)

Comment

Working...
                            X