Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNIBROW - New model but not on the Firewire site yet?

Just saw this pop up on Boardshop's page, unless i'm stupid i couldn't find any mention of this on the FW site?
    Seems like a nice step up from the Spit or Dom!

http://www.boardshop.co.uk/firewire-...!/fub-508r-03/

Yeah it's been mentioned on here a little but it's still in the pre-production samples and finalising of dimensions stage so there isn't a full list of dims to update the site with just yet.
    I imagine it's going to be very soon though. It does look like a nice board though, from what I've heard it's got a similar vibe to the Mini Driver but the wide point is further back and it has more tail rocker.

Comment

Man, awesome sounding board, I've always loved a deep concave.

This board will be killer, love the tail.

The volume puts it about the same as my trusty ol Futura.
      Last edited by aurfalien; 01-11-2013, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Baker still in the makings, looks like a sweet board, more rockered than the Spit or Dom I guess more high performance oriented

Comment

yeah it sure does look nice, sort of thing you end up with if you customised a dominator as a stepup. like phil says, similar to the mini diver but with the width middle back.

Comment

Yep, a few of us were proposing a step up Dom for better surf a couple of years ago. Envisioning something very like this; thanks Dan Mann, already have mine ordered. Can't seem to get my head around why Firewire seem to decide this site will be the last to get information on new developments. Retail outlets are already taking orders and displaying dims of the range, nothing on here tho for the hardcore Firewire supporters? Tactic gets me frustrated rather than salivating, any explanation Chris? If you are too busy and snowed under, or the surf is firing, then I would completely understand but it seems to be a repeating pattern. Help me here guys.

Comment

I've got to see I'm surprised to see just the 3 fin plugs on this one. Is that something that is only the case with the samples and the production run will come with 5 plugs or is this one purely going to be a thruster?
              I really like having the option for both and would get all my boards with 5 plugs if possible.

Comment

Hi prjwebb.
                The blurb accompanying the Boardshop UK, Unibrow advertisement indicates their models come standard with FCS Stretch "QUAD" sets. Unless they just like to give away spare fins, or the board is only a quad, then my guess is that it the production run will come with the 5 fin option. Sure looks puuurdy tho! I'm hoping that it has at least the same high end ability as the Hellfire, hopefully with a tad less width in the tail and a tad more refined rails and a tad less extreme bottom contours. I find the Hellfire to have it's volume/thickness located too much towards the tail for me which I think makes it a bit skittery at high speed in powerful waves. Fantastic board though.

Comment

Good eye. It looks real nice, I agree. Side by side with the Mini Driver I'd probably go with the 'Brow. More tail rocker suits me.
                  Out of the new boards the Chedda really appeals to me the most, but can't justify the purchase given my current quiver. If I don't get on with the Vanguard though, that and the MD could end up making way for a CC.

Comment

yeah the cc is def. the board i'm liking out of the newer models so far.. the v2 pic i saw from the trade show looked nice as well......what i would really like to see is firewire plug the gaps in some of their models.. LIKE A 6'0 RAZOR

Comment

Managed to hold off on the hellfire and hellrazor over the last year in anticipation of what might come out.... now is the time to get a more performance orientated board to step up off my EF when the waves get better.....

I cant decide between a 5'9 Chedda or A 5'8 Unibrow... however the write up and feedback on how the vanguard rides (although it looks quite strange) has been putting that in the equation for me as well. I have a feeling this is a dilema a few are facing.

This is going to take a while to decide

Comment

For me the CC looks to have too much of it's planing surface in the front half of the board. Creates swing weight that slows quick directional moves down. That was why I did not like the El Fuego when I demo'd it. Way too much board in front of you engaged in the wave when you jump to your feet, felt like you were following your board around rather than that "boardless" feeling Core talks about with his 5/10 Hellfire. The Unibrow seems to have a similar nose outline to the Hellfire, maybe even narrower, so should be nice and "nose-light" with most of the "engine-room" planing area located between your feet.

Comment

That's a real good point Piha, I never really thought about it.

Although I ride my EF in point break which gives plenty of time to adjust etc... I can see were in beach break it may be an issue.

In fact, for beachies, I pull out the trusty Futura.

The Uni looks very sweet to me for some reason, almost calling my name :)

Comment

Not whining....but I do agree with the sentiment that the release should have been annouced here at least around about the same time as retailers are being given a heads up.

I'm pretty certain I'll move to a Unibrow as my daily driver when they're released in Oz. I'll almost certainly be picking up the 6'6". The only real question is whether I'll retain the Dom for very small days or use the Unibrow for that as well. Given they're around the same volume and some width still seems to be retained in the Unibrow (with added volume along the centre line) I'm guessing it will be fine for very small days - not significantly worse than the Dom - but that's one of the things I'll be looking for feedback on before ordering.

Comment

Originally posted by aurfalien View Post
                              That's a real good point Piha, I never really thought about it.

Although I ride my EF in point break which gives plenty of time to adjust etc... I can see were in beach break it may be an issue.

In fact, for beachies, I pull out the trusty Futura.

The Uni looks very sweet to me for some reason, almost calling my name :)
                              yeah idk.. one of the best boards i've ridden in beachies here was a local copy of a ...lost rocket.. wide point forward with excellerated tail rocker.. allows for tight turns in the pocket= big fans out the back.. this is why i'm really interested in the cc

Comment

Working...
                              X