Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chris: have you tried both the 5'6 and 5'8? Would you get the 5'8 if you didn't have the baked potato or does the 5'6 grovel just as good as the 5'8 for you?

What size would compliment the 5'11 CC best?

Comment

Just about to place my order.... think I've decided to go with the 5'8 Potatonator to maximize wavecount and get the most out of the bottom range of the waves.

Been thinking a bit abut the Unibrow as well.... how would a 5'11 CC compare to a 5'11 Uni ? What benefits would one have over the other etc ? Would have to wait for it to come in stock then, but it might be worth it if it's got more range than the CC ?
      Last edited by Erling; 04-24-2013, 03:12 AM.

Comment

ah, nevermind. After reading Fazzas review I think the CC is the right one for me.

If only there was perfect surf every day, choosing a surfboard wouldn't be that hard ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
          custom how did it get destroyed??
          https://www.dropbox.com/s/2ibnu5inf8q1x3m/SANY0023.MP4

Comment

Ouch, did you land on it?!

Comment

well, I've done it.... the order is in. 5'11 CC and 5'6 -nator on the way. A buddy of mine has a new 5'8 -nator that he want to swap, so I'll try the 5'6 first and if it doesn't feel right in the small/mushy stuff I'll swap it for the 5'8. win win :)

Custom: I can see that the 5'8 might feel a bit big in those waves.... what other board do you have, and why did you use the potatonator ?
              Last edited by Erling; 04-24-2013, 08:56 AM.

Comment

@Custom... did the board tombstone? what damage was there?

Comment

Originally posted by prjwebb View Post
                  Ouch, did you land on it?!
                  No the wave hit and destroy the board and I injured my shoulder when i try to escape ....

Comment

Originally posted by Erling View Post
                    well, I've done it.... the order is in. 5'11 CC and 5'6 -nator on the way. A buddy of mine has a new 5'8 -nator that he want to swap, so I'll try the 5'6 first and if it doesn't feel right in the small/mushy stuff I'll swap it for the 5'8. win win :)

Custom: I can see that the 5'8 might feel a bit big in those waves.... what other board do you have, and why did you use the potatonator ?
                    Agree 100% wrong decision{first time on this spot} my 6 MB would be a better option....

Comment

Definitely proof that it's safer to pull into the closeout than to try and get through the back! Nothing worse than going over the falls like that on your backhand. :(

Comment

surfed the 5'8 Spitfire with SF4 PC quad fins today, and in soft waves where you need speed but have 2-3 nice sections where the wave have som shape to it, this is the best setup for me. Definitely better than any thruster setup, as far as speed+drive but still loose and fun. Was around chest to shoulder size. This is a really fun board in the right conditions... almost regret putting it up for sale now, but I think the potatonator an CC will be an awesome combo as well.

How does the Potatonator compare to the spitfire? Would a 5'6 -nator grovel better and catch waves about the same or better than a 5'8 Spitfire? Would a 5'6 -nator overlat too much with a 5'11 CC, so the 5'8 -nator would be a better compliment ?

Comment

5'11 Chubby Chedda & 5'6 Potatonator ! :D

5'11 Chubby Chedda & 5'6 Potatonator :)

Attachment Attachment Attachment Attachment Attachment
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Erling; 05-02-2013, 07:00 AM.

Comment

Attachment Attachment Attachment
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Erling; 05-02-2013, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Thats a sick combo. All the best with your new boards and your we dog is cool as. Get a picture with him riding one that would be amazing.

Comment

Nice........waiting review when you try any of those babies.......

Comment

Working...
                                X