Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the best step up from the potatonator?

Hi, I am looking for a step up from my potatonator. I usually surf beachbreaks up to head and a half... rarely bigger. I have a 5'10 potatonator, 186 cm, 85 kg, intermediate. I am open to any suggestions... so what do you think? :) ​thanks :)

6'0 hellfire?

Comment

Unibrow? There are lots of good options out there. Do you know if you want a high performance board or a performance hybrid?

- FIJ

Comment

that's what I really don't know... I really like the look of a michel bourez 6'2 thick model but I don't know if I am good enough to surf it. I am 22 years old and quite fit to add some more information :) Other than bourez model I was thinking maybe to wait for the slab model from pyzel which is supposed to come out in the second part of this year... I am confused :P to many options :D

Comment

if you're looking for a shortboard the bourez and the alternator are good choices. the alternator has a nice moderate foil and a little relaxed rocker while the bourez has a full curvey rocker but still a little more width and thickness and a fuller foil than other 'pro' models making it more every-man friendly.
          out of the two, the bourez will like a steeper, more powerful wave due to it's added rocker whereas the alternator will be a little more versatile in less than stellar conditions and more user-friendly from an intermediate point of view. the bourez will rely very much on rider input while the alternator will have a little more built in speed and ease of use.

Comment

hmm thanks :) I guess I have some decisions to take :)

Comment

Working...
            X