Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuerteventura / which board for me?

Hi,

Heading here at the end of April, we're heading to the North Coast (Corralejo).

I'm somewhere between beginner and intermediate, I can catch most waves I go for when they are strong, I'll be honest I'm a terrible paddler, don't get to surf a lot so surf fitness is a problem. I'm 40 and 180lbs.

The thing worth adding, is that I've been a skateboarder for over 20 years, once I'm up balance is rarely a problem and i'm just at the point where I'm just starting to turn / experiment on the wave.

Anyways, I have access to the following boards:

6' 10" Addvance - love this board, but feel I don't need all the volume when up.

6' 4" Dominator - only ridden once, felt fine when up, missed the paddle power of the Addvance as the waves were terrible / weak, but still felt quite floaty.

6' 0" Potatonator - love this board, rode this in Sri Lanka, caught waves easily when waves were good (reef), reckon I could have gone smaller, or a board with less volume.

5' 8" Sweet Potato - never ridden this!

I've picked up all these 2nd hand along the way, so still trying to work out my right volume etc.

Anyways, a post with a bit of a what board is good for Fuerteventura, where's good for my level and which board would be good to take, and am I riding the right size in each?

Sorry for rambling...

:)
    Last edited by reserves; 03-25-2014, 05:13 AM.

I would bring your advance and a PN. If you are having an off day jump on the advance and still have fun. There are some good beach breaks there too.

Comment

Agreed there!! That will get your trip covered allowing you to catch whichever waves you want

Comment

Working...
      X