Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Firewire Surf Fans from around the world - Surfari to Costa Rica Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you think you can find out any info about my board please Chris? If it's possible to get even a rough date locked in it'd help out.
    The waves have been so pants at home lately I haven't even needed a board let alone a good wave board. I think I'd be struggling even on a Potato!
    Thanks!

Comment

Hey guys here are a couple of video's of the waves over the past few weeks. The oldest one is the vid I linked earlier in the conversation.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MamboSur...eo-mustangbase

There is some footage of me on my brothers sweet potato when the surf got extra micro, like so tiny my spitfire couldn't even handle it.
      All good though now its overhead and peeling yewwwwwwwww!!!
      going out right now
      stoked
      Last edited by Chito; 01-12-2012, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Swell is dying down now but If local knowledge serves me right These NW swells that are allegedly supposed to just swing by will be pushed in by an underlying SW and we will get some misto NW rogue sets popping up every now and than. Mid sized SW rolling in toward middle of next week so we will hopefully get some good footage of that combined with this last swell and possibly some potato footage of the small days inbetween hahah.
        On a side note does anyone have any confirmed dates yet? or are the majority of the people still tenative? If anything is confirmed be sure to tell your friends and get them down here. Want to make it an unforgettable time full of barrels, firewires and some Imperials here and there haha.
        stay posted for the next vid!
        Yewww

Comment

fun beachies!!!

Comment

Ok, After having a 2 week flat spell including the smallest waves I or most anyone else have ever seen down here, there is finally some good swell on the way.
            Wait I take that back, there is some epic swell on the way, swell that is going to make this whole end of the peninsula light up. Early south swell season anyone??

http://www.stormsurfing.com/cgi/display.cgi?a=pac_per

I want to get a still shot of 102 hours with a little arrow pointing at CR saying "I was here". Some good footage will come from this, mark my words.
            Stay tuned for a video.

Comment

So I take it that the whole concept of surf safari has lost intrest somewhere between the old forum and the new one, pity since I'm sure it would of been a good time filled with waves, laughs and a couple of cold ones inbetween. Nothing better to help fend off that central american mid day sun.
              If somewhere along the line another Firewire surfari begins to materialize I hope to take part wherever it may be, always love to see more of the shapes and the tech since FW here in CR is pretty limited, especially in my area, but regardless I'll keep spreading the stoke and getting people in the know about these great boards.
              hope that everyone, everywhere, is getting some good surf at the moment.

Comment

Me and a couple of mates are talking about it, depends on the money situation though.
                I'll let you know if he are heading over.

Comment

precious vacation time. I have family to see and weddings to attend. Losing flexibility.

Comment

When is your window??

Comment

Santa Theresa isn't going anywhere mate
                      I've been there before and I'd love to go back
                      Not this year but maybe next

Comment

Indo is so close to Aus and at the moment I have a couple of trips coming up, Panaitan, Sumatra, New Guinea, but I do want to see Peru and that would be a good time to see Costa Rica too but that is all a way off. Like everyone else juggling leave and other family commitments (which means more leave and time back and forth to my in-laws up in the tropics) all comes into play.

I was working with a product where they had their call centre in Guatemala - too bad a business trip there never came off! Instead went to Holland where the product originated. C'est la vie. However, the Rich Coast is on my wish list.

Comment

yeah slowman!

Comment

Originally posted by Slowman View Post
                            Indo is so close to Aus and at the moment I have a couple of trips coming up, Panaitan, Sumatra, New Guinea, but I do want to see Peru and that would be a good time to see Costa Rica too but that is all a way off. Like everyone else juggling leave and other family commitments (which means more leave and time back and forth to my in-laws up in the tropics) all comes into play.

I was working with a product where they had their call centre in Guatemala - too bad a business trip there never came off! Instead went to Holland where the product originated. C'est la vie. However, the Rich Coast is on my wish list.
                            Scary place that Panaitan slow man
                            I was there during that swell when the second thought sessions at Apocalypse were filmed
                            I was out at The palm
                            Got so battered and cut from the reef
                            The most perfect but dangerous waves I've ever seen
                            Dont forget to pack the wetsuit

Comment

Wandi, thanks, we've done our research, we have reef booties, 1mm steamers and Gaths for that place. And suture kits! Looks like the closer it gets to shore and the further down the reef it travels the more sketchy it gets? Bigger safer? Get off sooner rather than later?

Comment

Is that the left on second thoughts?

Comment

Working...
                                X