Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Firewire Surf Fans from around the world - Surfari to Costa Rica Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firewire Surf Fans from around the world - Surfari to Costa Rica

There was a thread made in the previous forum regarding the idea and discussion of a Surf trip to Santa Teresa Costa Rica by international member of the firewire community.
    Just want to keep the ball rolling here and ensure that this happens since it will without a doubt be a good time. Get some epic waves, eat some amazing food and share some story, along with sitting around and taking a look at what everyone is riding as well as trying eachothers boards with maybe even the appearance of some of the new models by Chris.
    There is a group of people who are already interested in coming, some want to stay in Hotels, some want to camp; whatever way you want to go about spending your time out of the water can be arranged just chime in and let me know of your intrest and we can start planning this thing and making it for real!
    Hit me up on this thread if you want to take part in what is for sure going to be an epic time full of Firewire's, story, surf, food and sleep!

Good call Chito. Way to keep the ball rolling!

Comment

all right guys!!!! planning on maybe trying to get some days off work during mid summer next year!!!!!.

Comment

Hey guys. Here is a little video of some fun sized waves down here over the last week. Nothing to special but just to give you guys an idea of what to expect from the area when the swell gets minimal. Never really gets smaller than this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tQZH...el_video_title

The last 3 days have been spitting barrels. Everyone in town has just been getting so shacked, no footage though sorry. Hard to stay on the beach and film when there are barrels going unridden haha.
        Enjoy the vid!
        we will be putting one up around every week or so.

Comment

Looks so fun, especially the first half. I think I'd stay in all day until I had sun stroke surfing that in shorts. The cheeky girls didn't help either!

Comment

Yea Prj, it was decent. No one out all day it just got better when the tide got lower.
            Are you still thinking of coming down in April? Need to keep the momentum to have this thing happen, with the whole forum switch I feel like the idea got lost somewhere in Cyber Space.
            If you intend on coming and plan on camping let me know, I can hook you up.
            Same goes for you Chris if you want to keep it low key and just surf your brains out.

Just to throw give you guys some tasters here are a few pics, I put them in the thread above but since they are area related i figure ill put them here too.
            Attachment Attachment Attachment
            Also if anyone hasnt given a gander at the video posted above it would be advised, another one is in development as we speak.
            Attached Files

Comment

I'm definitely keen, it's just a matter of finding a reasonably priced flight!

Comment

Found a flight for 620 for April 5th until April 26th. Not too bad. Chito, do you know how much we'd be looking at for transfers to Mal Pais? I know it's quite a trek. Last time we trekked over from San Jose over a week working our way down the coast on local buses and the odd taxi and then rented a car for the last bit. But on the way back we got a bus service right back to San Jose straight from Santa Teresa. That'd be good.
                Also how much would we be looking at per night camping? Trying to put together a rough figure so I can convince a mate or two to come alone. Would we need to bring a tent? Would we be able to leave our bags etc in your place so it's safe?
                How's the prices of food locally? I can't remember. How much do you reckon we'd be looking at per day to eat pretty simply, surf as much as possible and camp? Not looking to do anything too adventurous!
                Thanks mate, hoping we can make this happen!

Comment

yeww looks warm and fun.

Comment

hmmm, nice vid looks fun, Indo is too close for us to go past, but one day...when I organise my trip to Peru

Comment

Prj thats a good price for tickets during those dates. For Camping we have little stations set up on our property that are framed in with wood and filled with sand so you get a nice soft spot to set up your tent under a tree. There are some Hammocks and it is literally right on the beach so you will always know when the surf is going off. We charge $20 a night but the reality of it is that we dont let to many people camp so it would be just you guys there, nice and relaxed. For Food depending on how fancy you want to be cooking stuff up you can get you fill for $20 a day MAX. if you are eating granola and fruit in the morning and for lunch with a big meal at night than you are looking at less. We will be throwing down some BBQs and breakfast burritos post epic surf sessions too so yea i would say $20 a day for food would have you covered.
                      Last thing is the Shuttle service to ST, There is the public bus that leaves from San jose at 6 am and 2 Pm which has its final stop about 15 minutes away from our place on foot. The bus usually gets packed to the brim, dont be surprised if you see some chicken on it and there is no AC so be sure to get a window seat. That bus is around 12 bucks than the other option is the private shuttle which is 50 and that is AC, and will drop you off wherever you want to go, they dont carry to many people either so its a bit more easy going.
                      Get back to me when you have a good idea of whats going on and what method you want to take about getting here and I can get it all arranged for you guys.
                      stooked!

Comment

For some reason I didn't notice your post until now.
                        All sounds good to me. Only thing at the minute is I'm waiting on my new board and don't want to go on a trip without it. I thought it was going to be March time, but it's sounding more like April now so I'm a little reluctant to book something until I figure out if I'm going to have the board to take.
                        Hopefully we can figure things out. Who else is likely to be in?

Comment

Hey Chito that's quite a neat setup!!!!!!!. You guys open all year round??

Comment

Hey, Yea Iggy. Whenever you want to camp out your welcome to post up on our property so let me know. I have been living in a tent for the past few weeks and its pretty awesome, with holiday season in full swing and there being so many people around I gave up my bed and went out to one of the platforms to set up a camp. Got a clothes line set up, in the process's of designing a board rack into this one tree to have them sit perfectly but yea the whole scene is pretty nice. Can hear the Ocean at night when your lying down and the cool winds keep the tent from turning into a sweat box.

Comment

yeah I am getting close to having to make a decision here as well!

Comment

Working...
                              X