Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• closeouts and hold downs

Comment

• Originally posted by prjwebb View Post
      it was really clean, lined up and well groomed actually. It picked up steadily through the day and we just kept thinking somewhere else would be better until we ended up at high tide with the swell looking pretty solid at a beach that gets rippy as hell as closes out once the swell gets big. Meanwhile, down the coast I hear there was a beach doing a good impression of a right hand point.
      Forecast looks good all week so hopefully I'll have better luck tomorrow!
      There is a saying in cycling and triathlon - JFT (Just ...... train!) Sometimes it is better not to overthink it and just get out there! We all fall victim to the lure of better conditions/greener grass every so often

Comment

• So true!!

Comment

• soooooo many times i've driven for 2 hours and ended up back at the first spot....now with added onshores..!!...you would think i'd of learnt by now..!!!

Comment

• Yep, I did the whole just get into it on Saturday morning and well over double head on the west of ireland, almost fouled the wetsuit for the first time in long time caught about big mama;s and came in.

Comment

• Attachment still pumping over here, double over head strong off shore
              Attached Files

Comment

• Wow!!!
                The Malloys keep saying that one day the biggest wave ever ridden will be caught off the coast of Ireland. Comes to my mind the last scene of the movie Riding Giants

Comment

• need a motor to get into those?

Comment

• Here's a shot from my local the day I drove around everywhere else and didn't surf....
                    http://hwimages.magicseaweed.com/photoLab/254840.jpg

Comment

• ehhh hellloooo

Comment

• Looks awesome and sheltered

Comment

• Big waves of Ireland yes one an hour from me which requires a motor to get into - area on mullaghmore - for a good youtube video look up Rileys Ireland 0 sweet wave -look up pmpa bundoran - heading there in the morning

Comment

• http://vimeo.com/36124816

Comment

• Originally posted by prjwebb View Post
                              Here's a shot from my local the day I drove around everywhere else and didn't surf....
                              http://hwimages.magicseaweed.com/photoLab/254840.jpg
                              Looks good would have been straight out there!

But then while a picture paints a 1000 words, it may not be the complete story.
                              Last edited by Slowman; 02-10-2012, 09:00 PM.

Comment

• hey phill, how long would that last with the tides there??...i seem to remember lineups appearing and disappearing quickly over there...

Comment

Working...
                                X