Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Dan Mann's Shapes Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Nice review Fazza waiting more.What's your opinion UniBrow or CC to cover mid wave range between my potato and MB?(Want the most versatile option as it would be my every day board).
    Thanks.

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by custom View Post
      Nice review Fazza waiting more.What's your opinion UniBrow or CC to cover mid wave range between my potato and MB?(Want the most versatile option as it would be my every day board).
      Thanks.
      Probably to early for me to answer that one yet. I will need quite a few more surfs on the UB and then jump back on the CC and see how they compare. I think they could both really be your everyday board and it may depend on the type wave you would surf them on most of the time, and if you prefer rounded square to rounded pin. Even though the CC has a bit of width slightly forward of centre i have never found it hard to turn/manoeuvre and never had the nose catch.

      Comment


      • #78
        Wow looks like a needle nose. Any idea on nose width?

        Comment


        • #79
          Sounds impressive. It looks like 6'4" will be my length. Keep up the reviews.

          Comment


          • #80
            How bout UB versus Jacknife Fazza? When would you use what? Or is your JK gathering dust?

            Comment


            • #81
              Nice review Fazza.
              Photo of your morning session isn't too shabby either. Bondi looked just the same yesterday, but I didn't want to post any photos in case it people start to find out about the place. LOL
              I was in the shop today thinking I was going to order the 5'11'' CC (they have nearly every size between 5'8" and 6'2" - just not the 5'111") but the more I looked at the 5'10" UB the more I thought the lack of nose rocker on the CC was going to be an issue. But now after reading this, perhaps it will be just fine. I think I am more after a board for smaller good waves, than something to take me over head high.

              Comment


              • #82
                Originally posted by Sarge View Post
                Nice review Fazza.
                Photo of your morning session isn't too shabby either. Bondi looked just the same yesterday, but I didn't want to post any photos in case it people start to find out about the place. LOL
                I was in the shop today thinking I was going to order the 5'11'' CC (they have nearly every size between 5'8" and 6'2" - just not the 5'111") but the more I looked at the 5'10" UB the more I thought the lack of nose rocker on the CC was going to be an issue. But now after reading this, perhaps it will be just fine. I think I am more after a board for smaller good waves, than something to take me over head high.
                If you want a good board for smaller good waves then the CC is the go. I surfed the CC for 5 hrs last week on a super low tide, the wave was breaking across the inside of the reef and i had no problems with the CC making any of the waves. The CC may have a flatter entry rocker but it also has a nice tail kick and that combo makes this a pretty good board. I haven't tried the UB on smaller waves yet but will see what it is like tomorrow as the swell is a tad smaller than today.

                Comment


                • #83
                  Really interested to see nose and tail dims for the UB and the CC. UB definitely looks narrower in the nose than I was expecting, bit like an alternator in the nose and a pulled in dominator in the tail. Interested to hear how well it paddles in more detail. There must be lots if hidden foam in the UB as when compared the pictured 511 CC and 510 UB only have a .7l difference.
                  Last edited by RobinL; 02-01-2013, 01:54 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Unibrow.

                    Originally posted by Fazza View Post
                    If you want a good board for smaller good waves then the CC is the go. I surfed the CC for 5 hrs last week on a super low tide, the wave was breaking across the inside of the reef and i had no problems with the CC making any of the waves. The CC may have a flatter entry rocker but it also has a nice tail kick and that combo makes this a pretty good board. I haven't tried the UB on smaller waves yet but will see what it is like tomorrow as the swell is a tad smaller than today.
                    Great review Fazza,how would you compare your Unibrow to your 6ft mb as far as paddle and performance in general.So close to buying the unibrow as an all rounder ,just wanting a little more info on the way she rides .Any info would be greatly appreciated.Did you find it to be a back foot surfers board given the wide point is behind centre.?

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Originally posted by RobinL View Post
                      Really interested to see nose and tail dims for the UB and the CC. UB definitely looks narrower in the nose than I was expecting, bit like an alternator in the nose and a pulled in dominator in the tail. Interested to hear how well it paddles in more detail. There must be lots if hidden foam in the UB as when compared the pictured 511 CC and 510 UB only have a .7l difference.
                      RobinL

                      Measured both boards 12" from nose and tail......should be pretty close only had a steel ruler.
                      CC
                      Nose - 12.5"
                      Tail - 15"

                      UB
                      Nose - 11.75"
                      Tail - 15.5"

                      The volume in the UB is pretty well under your chest.

                      The CC has a lower entry rocker and slightly more exit rocker than the UB.
                      Last edited by Fazza; 02-02-2013, 02:23 AM.

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by dawnbuster View Post
                        Great review Fazza,how would you compare your Unibrow to your 6ft mb as far as paddle and performance in general.So close to buying the unibrow as an all rounder ,just wanting a little more info on the way she rides .Any info would be greatly appreciated.Did you find it to be a back foot surfers board given the wide point is behind centre.?
                        Dawnbuster,

                        I had a 602 MB which I hated more than i liked. I really struggled paddling it into anything of size and found that it needed good wallie waves and did run across flat spots at all.

                        The UB however paddles really well into waves, 4" shorter than my MB which is good.

                        Today I surfed it on a small reef break hip to shoulder high (most of the waves were hip to just above high) and i was surprised as to how easily it caught waves, the odd one was quite suckie and fast on the takeoff. I blew more waves than if i have been on the CC but that was due to getting used to the UB.......the UB seemed to grovel better than i thought it would. Probably should have surfed the CC but if I only had the UB to surf i would not have been disappointed. The board has a nice drivey feel to it and probably can be surfed with smaller fins than you think.

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Fazza...one thing that really shocked me was the needle nose on the UB as seen in your pic. Is that an illusion or is it really that narrow? To me thats works against the concept of a board with grovelling abilities.

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Originally posted by FW - Fan View Post
                            Fazza...one thing that really shocked me was the needle nose on the UB as seen in your pic. Is that an illusion or is it really that narrow? To me thats works against the concept of a board with grovelling abilities.
                            Sorry got the nose and tail measurements on the CC round the wrong way :)

                            I think the photo makes it look narrower than it really is, laying the UB on top of the CC they look fairly similar.

                            I am sure that once FW put them up on the Compare Board Function it will make things a lot clearer.

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Originally posted by Fazza View Post
                              RobinL

                              Measured both boards 12" from nose and tail......should be pretty close only had a steel ruler.
                              CC
                              Nose - 15"
                              Tail - 12.5"

                              UB
                              Nose - 11.75"
                              Tail - 15.5"

                              The volume in the UB is pretty well under your chest.

                              The CC has a lower entry rocker and slightly more exit rocker than the UB.
                              Thanks Fazza,
                              V interesting.
                              Can't wait untill they hit the shops in the uk and I can get them both under my arm to compare the tails and rails.

                              Love the 510 Dom and the 64 alt and looking for that magic daily driver to fit in between to replace my 62 stealth (great for me in head high mush but overlaps too much with the Dom and I don't find it as good at head and a half perhaps too much foam for me).

                              Think the 5 fin plugs of the unibrow and the better upper range might be the deciding factors for me to order a 60 Unibrow.

                              That width in the tail of the UB is pretty significant though. Ive been struggling with the width of the tail in my stealth when it's overhead and a better shape (think it might be a little too much volume for me at 34l) so hoping that the tail on the UB, being a little more pulled in at the base of the tail and more refined/thinner (?) than the stealth might sort that issue out.

                              Do you find your UB has good hold off the bottom?

                              Which would you say has better hold between your CC and UB?

                              Ive also recently been wishing I could sink the nose of the stealth more easily when i duck dive chunkier waves so the UB sounds pretty perfect with its narrower nose.

                              Thanks for all the updates Fazza, its brilliant to be able to consider everything before even seeing them.

                              Cheers,
                              Robin
                              Last edited by RobinL; 02-02-2013, 02:36 AM.

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Originally posted by Magnet View Post
                                How bout UB versus Jacknife Fazza? When would you use what? Or is your JK gathering dust?
                                JK gathering dust at the moment :(

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X