Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you get the nose and tail on the CC the wrong way around Fazza?

Comment

Originally posted by prjwebb View Post
      Did you get the nose and tail on the CC the wrong way around Fazza?
      Sorry yes....i re-edited the post and changed them around the right way.

Comment

That makes more sense. Sounds like nice dims.
        The Unibrow has a narrower nose than the Alternator then!

Comment

Interesting RE: Fazza's comment:
          "Today I surfed it (UB) on a small reef break hip to shoulder high (most of the waves were hip to just above high) and i was surprised as to how easily it caught waves"

Interesting that it paddles so well when it's so narrow up front for its length. Must be hiding some foam under the lower chest.

Fazza: - Do you have to pick your spot to paddle in on the wave like a more HP board or can you get up some speed like a dom? Was the reef you surfed the kind of wave you can get into easily regardless of the size of the waves.

Any chance you have got any photos of the tail? really interested to see how refined it is in that last 6 inches.

Cheers,

Comment

Good review fazza, a pic of the concave also on the UB if possible, cheers

Comment

Originally posted by RobinL View Post
              Interesting RE: Fazza's comment:
              "Today I surfed it (UB) on a small reef break hip to shoulder high (most of the waves were hip to just above high) and i was surprised as to how easily it caught waves"

Interesting that it paddles so well when it's so narrow up front for its length. Must be hiding some foam under the lower chest.

Fazza: - Do you have to pick your spot to paddle in on the wave like a more HP board or can you get up some speed like a dom? Was the reef you surfed the kind of wave you can get into easily regardless of the size of the waves.

Any chance you have got any photos of the tail? really interested to see how refined it is in that last 6 inches.

Cheers,
              RobinL

The board definitely got some speed like a Dom and paddles into the wave easily. I didn't notice or even really think about where i was paddling into the wave from still trying to work out what i can do on it.

Not the best but here is a photo of the tail which will give you some idea.

Attachment
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by silentp View Post
                Good review fazza, a pic of the concave also on the UB if possible, cheers
                SilentP

Some photo's of the concave from just before fins, middle of fins and across the back centre fin.....best i could do.

In front of Front Fins
                Attachment

Across middle of quad fins
                Attachment

Across back centre fin
                Attachment
                Attached Files

Comment

Damn thats some deep conk !! Can you see the Dominator heritage or is it way more refined that that? I read Chris say he thought this board may replace the Spit/Dom but I can't see it personally from what I have seen.

Comment

Wow no wonder its a speed demon, thanks for that, I think this could be my next FW, by the way how far does it continue up the board?
                    Last edited by silentp; 02-02-2013, 11:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by FW - Fan View Post
                      Damn thats some deep conk !! Can you see the Dominator heritage or is it way more refined that that? I read Chris say he thought this board may replace the Spit/Dom but I can't see it personally from what I have seen.
                      When I felt up a board you could definitely feel the chunk. I thought the Dom heritage was pretty clear when looking at one in person in terms of planshape. Obviously the bottom contours is another thing entirely.

I'm still waiting in delivery of a board I ordered late Nov or so. When I've bedded that down I suspect the Alt might be the very first Firewire I sell to fund a new Unibrow. Not that there's anything wrong with the Alt - it's still one of my best ever boards. But at the length I have it, it's just a tad over foamed for me - great for fatty days but otherwise unused. Some small adjustments to the quiver will likely render it surplus to needs. And if I find I miss it CBD is my friend.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fazza View Post
                        RobinL

The board definitely got some speed like a Dom and paddles into the wave easily. I didn't notice or even really think about where i was paddling into the wave from still trying to work out what i can do on it.

Not the best but here is a photo of the tail which will give you some idea.

Attachment
                        Thanks Fazza,
                        Exactly what I was after! That tail looks sweet! Fits in perfectly between Dom and alt.

Drivey, fast, good paddler and goes well in a variety of conditions. The reports on the unibrow sound unreal!

i think my stealth is going up for sale to fund a 60 or 61 unibrow.
                        Thanks again!
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by silentp View Post
                          Wow no wonder its a speed demon, thanks for that, I think this could be my next FW, by the way how far does it continue up the board?
                          The single concave basically starts from the front of the board and then goes into a double through the fins.

Comment

• Thanks fazza looking forward to feeling one up, none up here in shop racks, out of the new releases only seen a couple of vanguards and MDs

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnet View Post
                              How bout UB versus Jacknife Fazza? When would you use what? Or is your JK gathering dust?
                              Originally posted by Fazza View Post
                              JK gathering dust at the moment :(
                              Sounds like the UB covers everything the JK handles and maybe better? Fazza how would you compare the UB against the JK?

Comment

• Thanks for posting all that fazza I'v been trying I decide between a Ub and cc for a while, all that really helps (although all I know now is I want both)

Comment

Working...
                                X