X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Matt_s View Post
    Thanks for posting all that fazza I'v been trying I decide between a Ub and cc for a while, all that really helps (although all I know now is I want both)
    If you have the money get both.........they have a different feel about them.....i really like the CC and will keep surfing it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slowman View Post
      Sounds like the UB covers everything the JK handles and maybe better? Fazza how would you compare the UB against the JK?
      I haven't ridden the JK for a little while now cannot really compare the UB and the JK fairly. I like the fact that the UB is a little shorter and narrower and has a tad more volume.

Hopefully i can get to surf the UB a few more times this week.

Comment

• Guys the JK is a little more refined overall and has a higher performance ceiling. I rode my unibrow this weekend in head high punchy reefbreak and liked it, but swapped it because it was a little too fast for my Alternator. MY Alt had better control. THe Jacknife for sure would have handled it. one think i notice is that the steeper the wave gets, the more refined i like my board, its not always a reflection of size, sometimes just shape.

So long story short, Unibrow is probably a more versatile board than the JK, but in GOOD conditions, the better surfer may prefer the refined characteristics of the Jacknife.

Cheers

Comment

• Surfed the UB this morning on a nice reef break with a bit of push and the occasional nice drop. Today I used the AM1 Blackstix that i have been loving in the CC, did not like them at all......too stiff.

I am going to try some V2F4's which are a small fin and compare them to the MB3's i used when i first surfed the UB.

Comment

• Hi there Fazza,have you had any more surfs on the Unibrow after changing fins and if so how did it go?

Comment

• Originally posted by dawnbuster View Post
              Hi there Fazza,have you had any more surfs on the Unibrow after changing fins and if so how did it go?
              Will be surfing it tomorrow with the V2F4's in and will let you know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fazza View Post
                Will be surfing it tomorrow with the V2F4's in and will let you know.
                Hi there Fazza, did you get to surf the unibrow again .I know I have asked this before but I am waiting to pull the trigger on the brow but before doing so would like a bit more feedback on its performance capabilities as I have not had the chance to see one in the flesh .Any info would be appreciated .Thanks Fazza.

Comment

• Yeah, I'm still super interested in feedback - as much as possible. How does it surf? What conditions does it work in? Which conditions doesn't it work in? How much volume do you need at a given weight? How does it compare to other boards such as the Dom, Hellfire and Alternator?

The more feedback the easier it becomes to refine my own choices.

Comment

Hi there Fazza, did you get to surf the unibrow again .I know I have asked this before but I am waiting to pull the trigger on the brow but before doing so would like a bit more feedback on its performance capabilities as I have not had the chance to see one in the flesh .Any info would be appreciated .Thanks Fazza.
                    DB
                    I tried the board again with small fins and it was a small day. I am really struggling with the turning the board in either small punchy waves shoulder high to above head high. I think it is because of the wider tail and the deep double concave through the fins but more than likely it is just me. I tried my CC in the same conditions and i had a blast on that board over the UB.

The board paddles really well and i love the feeling of the take off on the board and it can handle a drop but for me i really struggle turning the board on forehand or back hand. I was hoping that the UB would handle the same as the CC but work better in the upper end of the CC wave range. I am thinking that you probably need to surf this board shorter rather than what you think due to the tail width. When you compare the tail width to the Mini Driver the MD is way more refined.

I think it is a great board and love the shape but i am struggling to get it to work well for me at the moment.

Comment

• Mmmmm. Interesting.

Comment

• Thanks Fazza,appreciate your thoughts on the board.I hope you get to sort things out.Could be fin choice.Sounded like the mb3s went ok for you earlier on.The cc might be the board to look over.

Comment

Thanks Fazza,appreciate your thoughts on the board.I hope you get to sort things out.Could be fin choice.Sounded like the mb3s went ok for you earlier on.The cc might be the board to look over.
                          The MB3's were definitely the best but still did not feel like the Chedda did with the AM1 Blackstix.......like i said it is more than likely me not the board so much.

The other thing is the MB3's do not have an inside foil where as all the other fins i have tried do. May be a small F4 in Techflex which don't have an inside foil......do not want to go any buy any more fins unless i have to.

Comment

• I keep leaning one way towards the cc then the unibrow, think I can only justify one at the moment (also wanting a potatonator as well!)

Have you found any significant advantages of the ub over the cc fazza? If you recon the cc can handle a decent size wave with a bit of punch almost as well as the ub I might just pull the trigger on the cc.

Just love the look of the cc too much, looks like it might be that magic board but am a little worried it won't be any more hp then my ef.

Comment

• Thanks for the reviews Fazza, in regard to the UB not turning that well have you looked at your foot positioning I know the Flex and Alt boards covered up a lot of my mistakes, when I started riding the Hellfire I had to get serious about getting the back foot into the sweet spot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Focus View Post
                                Thanks for the reviews Fazza, in regard to the UB not turning that well have you looked at your foot positioning I know the Flex and Alt boards covered up a lot of my mistakes, when I started riding the Hellfire I had to get serious about getting the back foot into the sweet spot.
                                Yes I have been checking on my foot placement and i always have my deck grip just in front of the leg rope eyelet and almost all of the time get my back foot right back and my front foot hopefully in the right spot. The CC is just so easy to ride and turn for me compared to the UB....the CC is probably more forgiving. The UB turns fine in smaller or less powerful waves but anything with decent push i definitely am having to work a lot harder that the CC.

Comment

Working...
                                X