Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has no one else surfed a Unibrow? Thanks to those who have given a review but do far its a sample of two only I think including Chris.

Comment

• Originally posted by buzzy View Post
      Has no one else surfed a Unibrow? Thanks to those who have given a review but do far its a sample of two only I think including Chris.
      buzzy, I was able to fondle a unibrow and chubby chedda the other day. It looks like a dominator and hellfire fused together. Initially i wanted a unibrow but after seeing it, I think I like the shape of the chubby chedda now. As soon as the shops bring in demo boards, i'm jumping on the chedda!
      ALOHA!!

Comment

• I tried the UB again with same fins as first surf Futures MB3's and still did not enjoy it as much as the CC. I have been surfing a 6'0 Mini Driver for the last week first with MB3's and then with some WCT's. I really enjoyed surfing it, the waves were a reasonable size and had some push. The board feels really nice on the take off, smooth in the turns and has plenty of speed. I found it really easy to turn and manoeuvre on the wave face, felt like the UB on the take of but so much easier for me to turn.

The CC is a really nice and fun board to surf and in the small to mid range wave is fantastic. It can handle slightly bigger waves but the MD can hang out in bigger waves better. I think the UB is going and the MD is probably more what i was after.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fazza View Post
          I tried the UB again with same fins as first surf Futures MB3's and still did not enjoy it as much as the CC. I have been surfing a 6'0 Mini Driver for the last week first with MB3's and then with some WCT's. I really enjoyed surfing it, the waves were a reasonable size and had some push. The board feels really nice on the take off, smooth in the turns and has plenty of speed. I found it really easy to turn and manoeuvre on the wave face, felt like the UB on the take of but so much easier for me to turn.

The CC is a really nice and fun board to surf and in the small to mid range wave is fantastic. It can handle slightly bigger waves but the MD can hang out in bigger waves better. I think the UB is going and the MD is probably more what i was after.
          One thing I was pondering was whether you were a back or front footed surfer. But then I looked at your weight and the size of board you were surfing and I think I see an explanation for your lack of enjoyment of the Unibrow - it's quite foamed up for your weight. With the Unibrow with so much of its volume located in the centre of the board that might multiply any issues you migth otherwise have had. While I haven't seen a CC I have seen a Mini-Driver and it definitely has a more even foam distribition.

This leads me to a "developing theory" of mine. I expect that the Unibrow will work better for back foot over front foot surfers, and it looks like because it is particularly thick around the centre relative to other shortboard hybrids the relationship of volume to weight is even more important than normal. I imagine a touch too much volume will be accentuated with all that centre mass (relative to its peers).

Comment

• hey buzzy,
            of the 3 big new models(Vanguard, Chedda, Unibrow), Timmy Reyes likes the Unibrow. the board is insane. For a competent and reatively fit surfer, it has the ease of the Dominator and the performance of a shortboard. Super clean and fast.

Comment

• still on the fence between the unibrow and the chedda.. looking forward to seeing some video of the boards in action

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris View Post
                hey buzzy,
                of the 3 big new models(Vanguard, Chedda, Unibrow), Timmy Reyes likes the Unibrow. the board is insane. For a competent and reatively fit surfer, it has the ease of the Dominator and the performance of a shortboard. Super clean and fast.
                Good to know. Thanks Chris. Reyes is a bit of a whippet isn't he? Kind of destroys my "big guy" theory!

I think I'm now settled the Unibrow will be added to my quiver. The only issue is timing and finances. Just feeling up the board it feels pretty clear to me that for my surfing style it will work as an everyday steed. I suspect I'd keep the Dom though for the absolute smallest days (knee to waist).

Comment

• Hi Chris, wondering what sizes Timmy rides in his Dom and Uni? How do they compare volume wise to his HP?

Comment

• Hey Chris I am looking for a board to fit in between the Dom 5'10 & the MB 6'0 for head high + reef waves & cant decide which would fit better a CC or Unibrow shed some light?

Comment

• mb i'd think b just fine in head high+ no? i'd certainly be on an hp board

Comment

• Unibrow

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                        hey buzzy,
                        Hi Chris,any chance of seeing some footage of timmy riding the unibrow..?I believe you have ridden the board also .How did it go for you and what were the waves like that you surfed it in? Thanks.

Comment

• Thx Kdropin you are probably right but I personally feel there is a gap in between that could be filled between both boards or maybe its just my way of reasoning to buy another board for my quiver jeje

Comment

• I don't think it's so much a "gap" as an "opportunity"!

Comment

• Yep right on , still would love some feed back hands on experiance in the unibrow !!! thx guys appreciate the comments!!

Comment

• Hi,

I recently bought a 6'6" Unibrow. Love it! It's the board I've been dreaming of. BUT, due to my a love of beer and dislike of cardio I'm kinda wishing I'd bought the 6'8". Anyone out there buy a 6'8" and recently discover a love of being vegan and doing cardio, wishing you'd bought the 6'6"? I'd like to do a straight up trade. The 'milage' on my board is exactly 6 waves. It's in perfect like new condition.
                                -C
                                p.s. if you are concerned for my health you will ignore this and maybe i'll suck it up and loose some weight.... :0)

Board is in the I.E. trade can be done in SD OC or LA.
                                Last edited by yokwe; 03-03-2013, 08:42 AM. Reason: misspelling

Comment

Working...
                                X