Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

luismx, I don't think you have your conclusions quite right. The Uni is a MUCH more refined Dom, a very slightly more refined Hellfire. It felt smaller underfoot to me than the Hellfire, even tho slightly higher volume. This is now confirmed by the board-compare, where the Unibrow has less surface area [lift] than the same length Hellfire.

Comment

does the UB come in FCS?

Comment

Yeah all boards available in both systems. If you're after a specific one it's could be worth special ordering.

Comment

Ah prj...im just gonna wait and see what the shops have. Still in a bit of a dilema between boards :P

Comment

thanks guys for all the feedback and posted info.

I think the Unibrow responds to different surfers in different ways. For example, if you are a shortboarder and get on the Unibrow, you will like it as a groveler. If you are larger board rider, longboarder, etc, it will not grovel quite as well as a dom.

For me personally, it has replaced the dominator because it has a much higher performance, though i can still get it going in small surf without a problem.

Comment

heres a question...i got to fondle a 5'9" unibrow in technograin and it feels super light...lighter than the fst. i was thinking about a 5'8" but would you go the extra inch in technograin vs fst?

Comment

Chris, what if im looking for a good allround Shortboard? i have a 6.4dom(41l) for mush and small waves, and im looking for a good, allround shortboard. the 6.2UB with almost 36l will easily float me (used to ride a 6.4 Flyer 2 with 36l). In the end, im looking for that shortboard feel, coming off the dom....not shortboard persay! Im not looking to replace my dom, but more looking for the "step up" when the waves pick up/powerful... the Alternator interests me, but it only has 3 fin slots, and the Hellrazor looks ok, just dont wanna go anylonger than 6.4...hence a 6.2 UB or 6.2 Hellfire...
                Last edited by luismx; 03-25-2013, 10:07 AM. Reason: dat Grammer Nazi....

Comment

Originally posted by wroboman View Post
                  heres a question...i got to fondle a 5'9" unibrow in technograin and it feels super light...lighter than the fst. i was thinking about a 5'8" but would you go the extra inch in technograin vs fst?
                  I'd size them the same in any tech.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                    thanks guys for all the feedback and posted info.

I think the Unibrow responds to different surfers in different ways. For example, if you are a shortboarder and get on the Unibrow, you will like it as a groveler. If you are larger board rider, longboarder, etc, it will not grovel quite as well as a dom.

For me personally, it has replaced the dominator because it has a much higher performance, though i can still get it going in small surf without a problem.
                    Hey Chris - How come you went with the 5'10" instead of the 5'9", I'm looking at both but leaning towards the 5'9". I know we pretty much ride the same size boards. I'm hoping it would grovel well in smaller surf.

Comment

hey buzzy... can we get some fotos of your UB? nose, rocker, tail etc? would be great thanks

Comment

I'll see what I can do.

Comment

Originally posted by MeanGreen View Post
                          Hey Chris - How come you went with the 5'10" instead of the 5'9", I'm looking at both but leaning towards the 5'9". I know we pretty much ride the same size boards. I'm hoping it would grovel well in smaller surf.
                          yeah i was wondering the same thing.. i think bc he said he replaced the dom with the ub so staying the same volume but having a better more refined performance board.. i'm actually leaning more towards a unibrow now from first seeing reyes' video and hearing chris's and some other rave reviews(esp. the ec usa reviews our waves are weak compared to most).. the speed that he carries is insane.. for him to b able to boost like that i would hardly say he struggles on it.. but am really stumped on the 5'9 or the 5'10.. i'm 165ish maybe a lil less now on the ec usa.. rode a 5'8 dom but lost about 5-8 pounds since i last rode it so i was thinking the 5'9. but i really liked the dom. such a tough call.. arrrgh.
                          Last edited by kdropin; 03-28-2013, 08:28 PM.

Comment

hey everyone.... can anyone tell me what the UBs upper limit is? how much does it differ to the Doms upper limit? starting to really like the round tail (nice and organic like the dom), just worried that its too much the groveller than Highper hybrid....

Comment

Had mine in head and a half, goes real well with a lot more grip than a Dom. For me the backhand bottom turn it executes is amazing, smooth and responsive. One thing I have experienced tho, is that it does not like bumpy, choppy, rippy surfaces. Seems to let go briefly as fins aerate under load. Riding it as a thruster thus far, trying Shapers Quad E set [large] with nubster, today. It is taking me longer than expected to dial this board in, I dont jump to my feet in the right spot every time etc. Compared to Dom and Hellfire it seems much more sensitive to small inputs. Had a few waves yesterday when it all came together and felt amazing.

Comment

piha u have techno or fst? what size did you get?

Comment

Working...
                                X