Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interested in this board - when will it be released firewire and what range of surf is the board best suited for? Be good to know for those interested.

Comment

The Double Agent is similar to the potato series with the same double barrel through the fins, but it extends all the way forward as well. The board is a a good groveler, just like the SP, BP, or PN, but is thinner and more sensitive in your rail to rail turns.

- Firewire Intern Josh

Comment

Hey Josh, so is it like a higher performance Potato? I'm on the look out for something like that because my 5'7" BP is like a tank, and I can hardly turn it when I've got it in a quad set-up. When do you think it will be on the market?

Comment

Try this on your BP....run H2 fronts and your choice of rears and it will free it right up and still have drive.

Comment

OK, I'll try to find some and give them a try. Thanks!

Comment

When will it be released?

Comment

The Double Agent and Nano will be released late this winter or early this spring, though tech availability will vary. The best thing to do if you want one is to place a special order. The first boards will most likely go to customers who place orders.

- Firewire Intern Josh

Comment

Hey guys,

We've got our listings up for the new double agents/nano's if your desperate to get your hands on these bad boys there up and available to pre order on our site. All the information available to us about the double agent can be found here:

http://www.secretspot.co.uk/SearchRe...ouble+agent%22

Cheers dudes,

Comment

What's the thinking with regards to volume and sizing for The Double Agent? I'm thinking of putting in an order for one, but I don't know what size. I've had a 5'7" Baked Potato for about 6 months, but it's a little too big for me. I tried my friend's 5'8" Potatonator, and that was a lot of fun.
                    Last edited by Goodfish; 01-17-2014, 11:32 PM.

Comment

• secretspot.co.uk
                      secretspot.co.uk commented
                      Editing a comment
                      If you found a Potatonator was alot of fun then the best thing to do would be to pick a double agent based on a similar volume, the 5'8 Potatonator has 33.9 liters and the most similar to that in the double agent would be a 5'10 at 33.5 so you would get a very similar feel. However if you feel that's still a bit big for your style of surfing and you'd prefer to have it at the same size as the Potatonator then you'd be looking at 31.5 liters, which is the 5'8 Double Agent

Thanks, secretspot. My other board is 5'9" Unibrow that has 28.8L. Would the 5'8" Double Agent offer much variation in what kind or waves I could surf it in compared to my Unibrow? Basically, I don't want to double up on boards that are too similar...

Comment

You'll be getting closer to "doubling up" on boards if you get a Double Agent and you already have a BP / PN. The Potato boards and the Double Agent will act similarly in that they are meant to be ridden in the same wave range.

Yes, there will be variation between the Double Agent and your UB. The Double Agent will be better for those small days that you want a groveller board, and then you'll want your UB for those waist to head high days.

- Firewire Intern Josh

Comment

OK. Thanks, Josh. So should I be going towards a higher volume range Double Agent like the 5'10" or the lower 5'8" if I want to use it as my groveler. The BP that I'm looking to offload is 5'7", but it's got too much chunk for me...

Comment

How will this double agent compare to a Dom. It looks to feature similar volumes in similar lengths, albeit with much more width.

Comment

• secretspot.co.uk
                            secretspot.co.uk commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Looking at the design of the Board it will have a looser feel to Dom, The board features a huge double barrel concave which will make it perfect for rail to rail surfing in weaker surf

Hello secret spot In tour site then Dilma are diferente from the firewire site. Any reason? Thank you

Comment

Sorry, my mistake.... The dim's in your site (secretspot.co.uk) are diferent from the FW .

Comment

Working...
                            X