Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah it could be, though i ride a shorter dominator with more volume so, to me, the dominator is likely geared towards a smaller wave range.

Comment

5'11 Chubby Chedda on the Left and 6'1 Hellrazor on Right

Attachment

Nice single into a double through the tail with a good tail kick, low entry rocker
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Fazza nice board. Can you tell us width thickness and volume of your 5.11 LSD and how it look under your arm compare with 6.0 JK.
        Thanks .

Comment

Attachment Attachment Attachment

Chubby on the Left and JK on the right

Chubby Chedda
          5'11 x 19 1/2 x 2 1/2 30.8ltrs

JacKnife
          6'0 x 19 3/4 x 2 2/8 29.8ltrs

The LSD feels really nice under your arm, doesn't feel or look fat, rails seemed pretty similar to the JK.

The LSD has more of a tail kick and the JK has slightly more nose rocker.

Won't be surfing it until Friday
          Attached Files

Comment

I like the outline. Could it be a Dom replacement?

Comment

Thanks Fazza photos help a lot.My trusty favourite old futura is dead after 5 yrs so i must replace it. Chubby Chedda and JK must be good options for daily driver in 2-6ft surf to cover me between PN 5.8 and MB 6.0(thick).Wait for you review....

Comment

It's official!

http://www.firewiresurfboards.com/su...=chubby_chedda

Comment

Looking gooooood

Comment

I went for a surf on it yesterday. It was a little side shore but reasonably clean early probably around head to just over head high on the sets with an incredibly low tide.

The board paddles into waves nicely, has plenty of speed from the take off. I love the tail kick and when you stand up you feel like you have great control of the board, feels really nice under foot.

Turns extremely well and really smooth/responsive, turns effortlessly in fact. Sometimes you get boards that feel better on either your forehand or backhand but for me this board felt like i have great control in either direction.

The wind became more onshore mid-morning and the board seemed to handle that quite fine.

Still early days and hoping to get some better waves tomorrow but so far i am really liking it. I really like the JacKnife so it will be interested to see which one i end up riding the most.

Rode it with Futures Blackstix V2AM1 Fins.

Comment

What do you think are the main differences of your Hellrazor and CC
                      The CC would have more kick in the tail wouldn't it
                      Your quiver is looking good though
                      Any signs of slowing down
                      Cheers

Comment

Was settled on a 5'11 Razor for a HP stick but I just cant help but love the look of this board, especially in the photos with the tail pad on..... will be interested to see how it goes in better waves for you fazza, i know it probably wont be as HP as the razor but looking forward to finding out how it goes in hollow head high waves, feel like im constantly holding myself back from buying every board I like the look of, but with this one I may not be able to resist..... at 70 -72kg im thinking 5'9 or 5'10....

Comment

Yeah guys so generally speaking, the Hellrazor is a bit more refined and carries a bit more curve. This makes the hellrazor a little more "precise" as it does have a touch more rocker. In my opinion they can be used in similar conditions but i would say the Hellrazor is a bit better in steeper surf, while the CC has the capacity to handle low end waves a bit better. You definitely would ride the CC shorter than your Hellrazor and it feels like it has more area in the nose and the wide point feels a little farther forward.

In a sense, the CC is what you would get if you blended the alternator and el fuego. Small to mid range versatility.

Comment

I am really glad you guys went with sizing every inch on the Chubby Cheddar. I like a lot of the boards but I always seem to fall inbetween on a lot of the sizes and end up passing on the boards I'd really like to get. But with this one it looks like you guys have all the bases covered. I really think you should offer all of your boards in 1 inch increments, there are definitely going to be a lot of people that fall inbetween and its better to cover all of the bases.

Comment

Originally posted by MeanGreen View Post
                              I am really glad you guys went with sizing every inch on the Chubby Cheddar. I like a lot of the boards but I always seem to fall inbetween on a lot of the sizes and end up passing on the boards I'd really like to get. But with this one it looks like you guys have all the bases covered. I really think you should offer all of your boards in 1 inch increments, there are definitely going to be a lot of people that fall inbetween and its better to cover all of the bases.
                              What size you looking at getting

Comment

Originally posted by MeanGreen View Post
                                Agree in many boards volume difference is over 10% between 2 sizes and it is difficult to choose the right one.

Comment

Working...
                                X