X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MeanGreen View Post
    I am really glad you guys went with sizing every inch on the Chubby Cheddar. I like a lot of the boards but I always seem to fall inbetween on a lot of the sizes and end up passing on the boards I'd really like to get. But with this one it looks like you guys have all the bases covered. I really think you should offer all of your boards in 1 inch increments, there are definitely going to be a lot of people that fall inbetween and its better to cover all of the bases.
    Agree in many boards volume difference is over 10% between 2 sizes and it is difficult to choose the right one.

Comment

Hey Chris, I'm sure they're right but could you do a sanity check on the volumes. I know the relationships aren't linear to just length but there's a big jump from the 5'10 to 5'11- kind of right where I wish there wasn't. Why do you hate people who ride 29.5 volume hybrids? :). Thanks again and let's get details up on the board pipeline huh?? You don't want me wasting Xmas money on Apple products and lift tickets do you?

5'8 to 5'9- +.7L
      5'9 to 5'10- +1.2L
      5'10 to 5'11- +2.2L
      5'11 to 6'0- +.7L

Comment

Chris could you comment on how the concaves compare vs the hellfire and how this would affect the overall ride ride compared? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Wandi View Post
          What size you looking at getting
          I'm looking at the 5'10" the volume is pretty much spot on for me at 180 lbs.

Comment

When will it be available in Australia

Comment

Hey Seabass I think they are already available as the photos that are on page 2 from Fazza at WA prove it must be out. I was going to order one tomorrow to replace my 6'6" Hellfire which is just a fraction under volumed for my liking and the CC looks like it will be just right at 40.9L for the 6'6".

Comment

I think they will be available officially in Oz late Next month or early January.

Surfed the CC again on the weekend and the surf was a lot bigger than I thought it was going to be. I tried it with the AM1 Blackstix again which were great on the head high and just over wave size but anything bigger than that I did not feel comfortable, probably as it was only the 2nd surf and still getting the feel of it . I went in and change the fins over for Futures TP1 which are a large fin. It felt a lot better but i did find it a little bit stiff compared to what the AM1's feel like on smaller waves and would have liked to have tried some fins in between the 2 but did not have them with me....next time.

The board definitely handles the lower end of the wave size better than then Hellrazor and will handle similar bigger waves as long as the take off is not a sucky one as the board does have a low entry rocker.

Looking like some aves around this week and hopefully will get a few more surfs on it......pretty stoked with it so far.

Comment

I think they will be available officially in Oz late Next month or early January.

Surfed the CC again on the weekend and the surf was a lot bigger than I thought it was going to be. I tried it with the AM1 Blackstix again which were great on the head high and just over wave size but anything bigger than that I did not feel comfortable, probably as it was only the 2nd surf and still getting the feel of it . I went in and change the fins over for Futures TP1 which are a large fin. It felt a lot better but i did find it a little bit stiff compared to what the AM1's feel like on smaller waves and would have liked to have tried some fins in between the 2 but did not have them with me....next time.

The board definitely handles the lower end of the wave size better than then Hellrazor and will handle similar bigger waves as long as the take off is not a sucky one as the board does have a low entry rocker.

Looking like some aves around this week and hopefully will get a few more surfs on it......pretty stoked with it so far.

Comment

Interesting feedback about bigger size, I am looking to replace my Spitfire 6'4" and Hellfire 6'6" with one board tossing up between CC or Tomo 6'2" would like a Jacknife however my volume is in a 6'8" and don't want anything over 6'6" for a board to handle from 3-7ft.

Comment

Originally posted by MeanGreen View Post
                      I am really glad you guys went with sizing every inch on the Chubby Cheddar. I like a lot of the boards but I always seem to fall inbetween on a lot of the sizes and end up passing on the boards I'd really like to get. But with this one it looks like you guys have all the bases covered. I really think you should offer all of your boards in 1 inch increments, there are definitely going to be a lot of people that fall inbetween and its better to cover all of the bases.
                      Just wanted to say, i fall in between sizes most of the times too.....!!!
                      Sizing every inch is definitely a good idea...!!

Comment

Is it just me or is the foil image of the Chubby Chedda looking a bit strange? Seems like all of the other boards are rotated so that the top deck is about horizontal, but on the CC the board is tilted a lot forward, making it look like it's got a lot of tail-rocker an very little nose-rocker:

Attachment

What size CC would replace a 5'8 Spit or a 5'11 El Fuego?
                        Or to put it in another way, what size would fit in between the 5'4 Sweet Potato and a 6'2 Alternator, for a intermediate@80kg (+5mm fullsuit) ?
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Erling; 11-22-2012, 08:09 AM. Reason: changed photo

Comment

I would get a 5'11 CC, I am looking at replacing both my 6'6" Hellfire and 6'4" Spitfire with a 6'6" CC, volume of 6'6" CC sits between both current boards. Hopefully it's a good decision as my other decison is to get a 6'2' Vanguard.

Comment

What's a "vanguard" and the "brow" or the next spit/dom board coming out? Need a new replacement grovel board.

Comment

Het seabas the Vanguard is under HP boards check it out it very interesting, I have heard quite good reviews from a mate of mine from Lennox Head. Don't know what a brow is but if you are looking for a grovel bord get Baked Potato mine rips and goes in anything from 6 inches to 4 ft I upgraded from a Sweet Potato which too was a great bord.

Comment

Ditto x order of magnitude on what nn66 said, the BP is great. I have done over head with it, no probs, lotta fun.

Will be trying the Deviant fin on that bad boyeee my next go around. The 5 fin boxes really allows for fun experimentation.

Comment

Working...
                                X