Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The tail kick offers a great compliment to the low entry rocker. A good paddler that is still able to perform in the steep and tight stuff. Forgiving, high performance, and easy to get into waves. Pretty good combo.

Comment

Yeah I'm a big fan of a low entry/tail kick combo.
      I think me and the 510 would get on well...

Comment

Anyone have more feedback on fins for the chedda??

I am absolutely loving this board and am trying to dial in the perfect fin set.

So far ive tried:

EA techdlex- worked awesome in the shoulder to head 1/2 range.

WCT techflex- liked in steep beachies but a little too much pivot in slower waves.

Im thinking of buying both of these sets for their respective benefits in certain conditions.

Also tried:

CM1- Not a fan. They were aweful when I surfed them in a bit of chop.

YU- didnt like them.

Want to try EA blacksticks
        and AM1 blacksticks

Anyone have any advice? Im 6'3 180. 6'1 ched. Finding that small tip and lots of rake are things I dont like

Comment

Hey daveo I have mine set up with Future AM2 Techflex and found that they suit most conditions from in waves bigger than 3ft very stable fin with great release off the top, also tried my JC1 Blackstix and hated them the board felt really tight. I have only ridden by CC over 3ft as the BP takes its place in anything under 3ft.

Comment

Hi Daveo,
            yeah I reckon with a) your weight b) volume and width of the CC & c) the tail rocker of the CC you will need to try something larger than the fins you have described above.
            Those little fins are hiding around the corner of the rocker and due to tail width set apart (in very oversimplified terms tight fin cluster = drive and straight lines. - separated cluster = loosness)
            IMO you need something bigger to connect with the water to drive off.
            AM2 techflex or kinetic racing JP5 carbo-tune, and I would be leaning to the JP5 with a bigger base, slightly less rake and slightly more area in the tip. Plus I think the flex is more suited to the 2 - 4 foot range.

Comment

Originally posted by daveo View Post
              Anyone have more feedback on fins for the chedda??

I am absolutely loving this board and am trying to dial in the perfect fin set.

So far ive tried:

EA techdlex- worked awesome in the shoulder to head 1/2 range.

WCT techflex- liked in steep beachies but a little too much pivot in slower waves.

Im thinking of buying both of these sets for their respective benefits in certain conditions.

Also tried:

CM1- Not a fan. They were aweful when I surfed them in a bit of chop.

YU- didnt like them.

Want to try EA blacksticks
              and AM1 blacksticks

Anyone have any advice? Im 6'3 180. 6'1 ched. Finding that small tip and lots of rake are things I dont like
              Daveo ..if you live in Australia and want to buy a near new set of WCTS..let me know.

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys. Fw-fan- unfortunately i do not live in Aus, otherwise I probably would hit you up for those fins.

I'll be trying some of those larger fins too. I have been curious to test the kenetik jp 5 and ai 2.1 but it's very hars to find a set to demo other than finatik, which I might do. Not a whole lot of reviews on those fins either. I've heard the jp5 is the same as soar DL, which I used in my dom on bigger days but honestly felt like a bit too much fin to me- harder to release off the top. I really loved the DMs.

Think I still need to give the EA blacksticks a shot. I really liked the tech flex in the shoulder to about DOH range, held fine just thought I could be getting a little more drive and maybe the blackstix foil will give me that. Or am2. We'll see.

It appears Chris is using the wct / ea combo as I was alluding to so maybe im not too far off..

Comment

yeah daveo those are two really good ones. I love blackstix foils in small to average surf and the WCTs when there is a workable wave!

Comment

Originally posted by Sarge View Post
                    Hi Daveo,
                    yeah I reckon with a) your weight b) volume and width of the CC & c) the tail rocker of the CC you will need to try something larger than the fins you have described above.
                    Those little fins are hiding around the corner of the rocker and due to tail width set apart (in very oversimplified terms tight fin cluster = drive and straight lines. - separated cluster = loosness)
                    IMO you need something bigger to connect with the water to drive off.
                    AM2 techflex or kinetic racing JP5 carbo-tune, and I would be leaning to the JP5 with a bigger base, slightly less rake and slightly more area in the tip. Plus I think the flex is more suited to the 2 - 4 foot range.
                    I just wanted to take back the recommendation of the JP 5s for this board. Big humble pie eating going on at my place. Am finding noticeable tracking going on with them in this board. Why? Who knows? Perhaps it's the fact that unlike my above misinformation on fins and boards - the CC has a V out the tail which is straightening the rocker though the centre line and exposing the fin to the wave more. Whatever! - I am now preferring the HS large for up to head high and the AM 2 tech flex when it's bigger, sometimes keeping the HS in the rear position. Still love the JP 5s in all my other boards.

Comment

Hi daveo,

Wondering if you still riding the 6-1 CC or moved on?
                      Im looking for a change and love the CC look and concept.

I'm a few kgs lighter than you and thinking of a 6-1 for an allrounder (Sou West Oz). thinking mostly 3 to 5ft reef and beach breaks.
                      Did you find any obvious limitations?
                      Did you ever compare the 6-1 to the 6-2, was there a noticable difference in the bulk??

Comment

Working...
                      X