X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luke Short Designs (LSD)

Firewire is proud to announce a design partnership with Australian board designer Luke Short, the founder of Luke Short Designs (LSD).

With a design pedigree that includes shaping for Simon Anderson and Channel Islands before setting off on his own under the LSD label, Luke was a natural fit for Firewire. Under his own brand, Luke went on to work with many top pros, including Julian Wilson, and now brings a highly refined level of experience to the Firewire family.

Additionally, being an accomplished surfer in his own right, Luke enjoys the benefit of personally test riding his designs at a high performance level in addition to rider feedback.

“It feels great to be working with Firewire,” Luke said, “and I’m excited to work with new materials and construction methods to help create the best performing surfboards possible”.

Firewire CEO Mark Price added, “Luke and I began talking almost 3 years ago and we’re stoked that we’re now working together. Our goal has always been to build Firewire into the best surfboard brand that we possibly can, and to that end, working with a very select group of designers like Luke will enable us to offer premium designs to a broad cross section of surfers”.

The first Firewire/LSD model will hit retail towards the end of 2012 and will be Firewire and LSD branded, highlighting the relationship between the two board builders. Distribution will remain confined to Firewire’s existing, premium account base.

Looking forward to seeing more on the LSD stuff. Any word on when we'll see some dims and templates etc? How many boards are coming off the bat? New shapes or his existing shapes?

Comment

LSD R & D Board for those interested heres a pic

http://instagram.com/p/QXh_14qQGM/

Looks really nice

Comment

Nice looking board.

Comment

The outline looks very similar to the Bourez
          Probably very different in the hands as opposed to the photos
          Looks good though

Comment

I think it's going to be in the Sub Scorcher type of range. Not 100% on that but that's the vibe I get from it.
            Check out the LSD Chubby Checka. It's not the same model but I reckon they are in the same ballpark.

Comment

It definitely looks like the outline of the Bourez.

Is it a new design or a slightly different looking LSD Modern Lover?

Comment

From today's instagrams the Chubby Chedda it is
                Could be something in between the Chubby Checka , Sub Scorcher and the Bourez
                Maybe a little square tail version of the Mini driver
                The names sound a bit confusing if you weren't familiar with FireWire don't they
                Last edited by Wandi; 10-08-2012, 03:23 AM.

Comment

Yep just saw that http://instagram.com/p/Qf0WK-KQNx/

LSD Website http://www.lsdsurfboards.com/boards/..._chubby_checka mentioned that they have been making it in a wide rounded square tail.

Comment

yeah it is an update to the Chubby Checka. A wider tailed squash. Super sick shape. Lower entry/exit rockers with a slightly forward wide point and a nice continuous curve...

Comment

Does anyone think that this design is somewhat similar to the Dumspster Diver model from Al Merricks range
                      Just a question not a dig

Comment

Liking the look of this one, what sort of waves would it go best in? How hp is it? Along same lines as the MD possibly?

Comment

I'd guess that it's LS's take on the Dumpster Diver/Sub Scorcher style of board. I think the Mini Driver will handle bigger stuff better but the CC will be high performance in it's optimal size range.

That's purely my take from what I've seen of the board though so it's by no means fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                            yeah it is an update to the Chubby Checka. A wider tailed squash. Super sick shape. Lower entry/exit rockers with a slightly forward wide point and a nice continuous curve...
                            replacement for a dominator in ones quiver?

Comment

I believe it is a shorter fatter board with HP performance.

I have heard that it is a daily driver and will perform in 2-6ft surf.

Comment

Working...
                              X