• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the pile driver has a swallow.. look at the size difference in those tails

Comment

Originally posted by Jase View Post
      I just chucked this on to dropbox.
      2013 Firewire Boardbook https://www.dropbox.com/s/sajsh0p5zj...reWire2013.pdf
      Thanks

Comment

The Pile Driver is a good wave board, yeah pretty similar overall foil as the Mini Driver, but it has a much different back half of the board. Its has a subtle double wing swallow and carries a little more width than the MD up until that first wing, then it runs quickly inward towards that swallow. A different approach to maximizing performance in small waves while still having bite as the waves get better.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
          The Pile Driver is a good wave board, yeah pretty similar overall foil as the Mini Driver, but it has a much different back half of the board. Its has a subtle double wing swallow and carries a little more width than the MD up until that first wing, then it runs quickly inward towards that swallow. A different approach to maximizing performance in small waves while still having bite as the waves get better.
          It sounds like the Jacknife's brother from another Mother!

Comment

I'm really frothing over the v2. Any idea when the new mayhem shapes might be available in hawaii?

Comment

they are a little later in 2013...

Comment

http://www.firewirejapan.com/surfboards/piledriver/

Comment

Originally posted by wolfey View Post
                  I'm really frothing over the v2. Any idea when the new mayhem shapes might be available in hawaii?
                  I saw a couple of those Firewire V2s at the Catalyst shop in San Clemente.

Comment

Some of the Japan exclusive models are pretty interesting.

Comment

Is that exclusive to Japan? I thought the Pile Driver was being released here as well. Looks like the same dims as seen in the US marketing material.

Comment

The PD isn't exclusive, but there's quite a few on there that are. Mostly modified popular models with glassers nightmares for tails :D

Comment

Any Idea when they will be available UK Europe side? The 508 PD might find a home in my quiver. I love the ride of a swallow tail.
                          Fw should hook up with Drew Brophy and do a ltd run of FW mayhem custom spray,s.

Comment

Hey FireWire guys, Looks like the Piledriver for sale at someplaces online. Do you have nose and tail dimensions? I was going to reorder a 5'10 sub scorcher but the piledriver is a little fatter than the minidriver. Fair to say the subscorcher has a lower entry rocker?

Comment

Any updates on when we might see the "Pile driver" hit the shops?

Comment

Just looked at specs is this my new all rounder?

Comment

• Phill
                                  Phill commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  It does look nice! I'm not sure how 28.8l would feel for me though.
                                  I'd love to try one but I don't really NEED one...
                              Working...
                              X