X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• we need more mayhem!

Just thinking it would be awesome if we could get a little more of the ...Lost models coming over. It's great that we've just got the V2 rocket, and I can't wait to hear the ride report (especially after talking with Matt through his blog).

I see we also have the Pile Driver now (great name), as well as the mini driver, stealth and F1.. but are we likely at all to see the Rock Up? It's effectively a medium-large wave hybrid so you don't change your style between boards... paddles well into big waves etc... Could be the ultimate 2 board quiver with just the V2 rocket and the Rock Up in FST tech...

I'm watching with baited breath.

I like the look of the Pile Driver. Is it like the SS2 as it does not apear in the driver range on the Lost website.

Comment

It's a FW exclusive model except for custom orders direct to lost. It's a mini driver in foil, rocker and outline with a different tail shape to give it a much straighter outline in the tail for drive and a wider tail to increase the lower range. It'll still handle good waves well though.

Comment

I want see the Lay Z Boy or Couch Potato in FST!

ALOHA!!

Comment

The V2 Stub looks like a sick board too!!

ALOHA!!

Comment

I love all of Matts shapes... they are just awesome... the rocket tails are incredible... and so is his philosophy on the way a board is designed...

I just find it wierd how the firewire dimensions on his boards are totally different to the dimentions on his website..

Comment

• Sarge
              Sarge commented
              Editing a comment
              I don't think it's that weird. If Ferrari asked Ford if they would like to build a car in their factory, do you think it would come out looking the same or would they make use of all the facilities.
              The Falconissimo Can't wait.

I'd love to see the rock up released in fst. Or even a squash or round tail driver. I was frothing to pick up a mini driver in fst until I compared the dims to the mayhem site. More Mayhems would be awesome

Comment

Rock up would be great as a step up for HP hybrid surfers... Would buy one hands down.

Comment

• Magnet
                Magnet commented
                Editing a comment
                Totally agree, Rock-up type board is such an obvious gap in the firewire range for hybrid riders needing a step up/second board for bigger waves, but not wanting to go HP.

It's even more of a problem if you bigger/older and after 39-40 litres. The only hp board with those litres is the Alternator 6'8" but that board has such a wide tail it doesn't really work as step up. The hellrazor is quite thin, so you have to go very long to get the litres.

Flexfire 7'2" I've found to be a beautiful board for when it's really serious (40l) but a bit overkill most of the time.

There are so many posts of people (especially bigger people) trying to solve this dilemma in easy paddling/easy surfing package.....anyone else agree and would love to see the Rock-Up in firewire?

Firewire, you'd sell tons of these, as Justo says, such an obvious choice in a 2 board hybrid quiver.

You're right magnet. It's bigger guys like me that really struggle to find a board. I don't want a 6'6" to 7' board. I want to ride a 5'10" to 6'4". The rock up would let me.

Comment

Its true. A big gap. I don't want or even need a 6'6'' + HP shortboard. And its hard to jump from our HP Hybryd to a HP step up when waves are pumping. I would like that familiar felling but with all drive, hold and control we need in bigger and steeper waves.
                Hope FW takes that step. A Rock-up or very similar board woul be a best seller IMO.

Comment

http://snapwidget.com/view/?id=51668...3#.UggrGBZm2-I

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere but I think this is the new Mayhem Sub-Scorcher 2

Comment

• Magnet
                    Magnet commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Pretty sure that's the Pile Driver, (smaller wave version of the min) looks like a sweet stick, but yet another small, medium wave stick of which Firewire have plenty...so the quiver gap remains...

looks good! I love the mayhem shapes...

Just heard back from Matt on his blog, recommends the Firewire tech without a doubt. Seems like he backs it 100% for his shapes and attests to their durability. Admits he doesn't ride them, but says he doesn't need to as he changes boards very regularly and doesn't need the additional strength for longevity... Even so, I love riding firewires. the "pop" you get in the ride is the same 6 months after the 1st surf. They just never get that old feeling.

Comment

saw a V2 yesterday in a 600... I definitely need a 602, will be going down to place an order this week some time...

Anyone know what futures fins would be best? I'm thinking of getting the Matt Biolos M2 (i think that's the model) 5 fin set that's on offer.. I currently have Stretch Quads, and the JC1 Blackstix, as well as a deviant fin... with my current girth I'm thinking a larger fin set would be the go, although I have put the JC1's with the stretch rears and that goes well..

cheers

Comment

• Coastandtoast
                      Coastandtoast commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I am riding a 6-0 v2 with elevon fins (L). The more I ride that setup the more I love it. rode yesterday in head + and boosted my first frontside air ever. didn't make the landing but with this board and those fins it is the first time I was able to generate enough speed through the bottom turn to get above the lip. Best feeling ever. V2 is a great board for an intermediate surfer to advance.

You might like the Jordys L then if you want a bigger fin.

- Firewire Intern Josh

Comment

I would like to see this bad boy in FST. LOST TAJ BEACH BUGGY. I know good old Jaj is not on Fw anymore he is on a mayhem shape that Fw make in FST in other select models. I reckon they would be a huge seller IMHO.

Comment

• Phill
                        Phill commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I asked Chris about that one before because I really like the look of it too.
                        It didn't sound like something they were looking to pursue.
                        It's a shame because I think the line is missing a true step down HPSB rather than a hybrid.
                    Working...
                    X