X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V2 rocket sizing

I am thinking of selling my 504 PN and buying a v2 . I plan to use this as a med to good wave board from shoulder up to head high. I would also consider taking out my subscorcher but like the quad option and the fuller nose of the V2. I ride my minidriver in a 508 at 25.3 ltrs and 508 sub 27.3 which feels no different to the mini. I am thinking the 506 should be on the money 26.3 ltr. Any thoughts? Any one ridden one as there is very little info ATM.

I understand you go 2" shorter than a MD. so you're on the right track (I got the info from Matt Biolos himself)

Comment

I was thinking that Justo. It does look a fair bit more hp than the PN. I see it replacing my sub & PN for day to day and then my mini as a better day board with the baked for mush.

Comment

Im looking at doing the same moving my PN. and sub and keeping my Baked for full waves, V2 for day to day and a pile driver for clean walled up ground swells ( we dont get real big surf were I live). It would be good to get some feed back on the new mayhem's or even to be able to look at them on the board compare before I put down more money on new boards.

Comment

I felt a couple up the other day, they felt pretty chunky to me. Def don't want to go too big.

Comment

It's done the PN was sold last night and 506 v2 is on it's way from DTL as I type. A not so in dept review will follow as surfboard techno speak is not my forty. It will be along the lines of it amazing or it not as good.

Comment

Hey guys Any feedback on this model? Just sold my SF so looking to replace it....what's it like in waist high fat sloppy waves? That's my usual local surf....got to be better than the SP with that wider nose and flat rocker right? Cheers

Comment

Hi Endless I just got my 506 last week and been surfing it the past couple of days. I really like this board the narrower tail makes to turn on a dime and it loves to go vert on a wave with face. I find it real easy to surf and the board paddles and catches waves easily but not as easily as the PN. It can grovel pretty good. i rode it in 3ft beach with an out going tide and it was fun but I kinda missed the baked. I can see this becoming my day-to-day board for normal waves. Its a great step up from the baked and fits nicely in my 3 board quiver of BP V2 MD. Oh and rock up but its a PU so wont say too much on here lol .

Comment

Cool man sounds good to me....what's the volume like as I'm looking to drop a couple of litres from my old SF and hoping that the wider nose/flatter rocker will help more? Did try that with a EF but didn't quite get the feel for it

Comment

Hi Pmorgan Sound like a fun one to me! I was looking to drop a couple of litres in volume with the V2 because of the wider nose and flat rocker compared with the SF...normally like 34-35lts

Comment

I find the v2 paddles really well and don't notice the 2 ltr drop. The nose is quite full but more refined than the PN. The PN has a flat deck with the thickness going all the way to the tip if you know what I mean. The v2 is like a shorter wider short board. It has more nose rocker so does not get going on mush as quick. More paddle effort here. But it has a higher top end over head waves with power no probs.

Comment

Is it on par with a spitfire? Or more lower end? Either way it sounds quite versatile.

Comment

Thanks for the info on the V2 pmorgan id also love a rock up in fst and hopefully in the next year or so there will be some sort of equivalent, maybe even cbd on the minidriver? id like to stretch out the 510 dims or refine the 600. Now i think of it though cbd on a colab board is highly unlikely. Anyway back to the V2 im keen to get a 508 im about 175-180pounds dry atm and want it to replace my 510 unibrow which is great but i want the fuller and more front foot orientated or forgiving nose of the V2 and i guess a little more grovel. Do you think this is a fair assessment? Im not getting to surf as much as id like these days due to university and work so im thinking of cutting down to a 2ish board quiver of the v2 and my 601 hellrazor (and perhaps hack a fun little groveler out of some PU as a summer project). This would mean selling the unibrow as well as my 508 vangaurd which is way to big and my 505 baked which is ok in the smallest waves but too big and bouyant for 2ft+ even if the waves are high tide and fat so im not going to miss either of those two all that much. Also what is the rocker like on the V2 in comparison to your MD, much less i expect? Thanks again for you insight ! Will

Comment

Hi Will The V2 has a touch less nose rocker than the MD but a wider forward point making it feel a bigger board than it is when paddling but super stable once to pop up to your feet. Once you connect the board wants to take off.
                            I ride a 508 MD and went for a 506 V2 as the extra liter of vol will help the grovel factor. The double hip and more pulled in tail gives great performance to the board in every day surf. I think its got more tail rocker than the MD which i like as it really goes vertical easily. I find the Mini easy to surf but you do need the back foot planned on the tail block to really get vert. I find this more so on my back hand.
                            Would the V2 take over from the uni? I think it could I plan on using mine as a daily go to board for lined up waves up to head high, punchy beach brakes etc the MD for hollow slightly bigger waves say 1.5 OH.
                            As for size the 508 could be the go. There does seem to be big jumps in the vol on these shapes. The MD was the same. In between sizes on the mayhem shapes would suite a lot more riders IMHO.
                            I am 57 150 lbs dry fit average to advanced on a good day. 25 ltr low 28 high.

Comment

Pmorgan do you feel the V2 is a good replacement for you sub in the size and type of wave that the sub was supposed to suit. Im looking for a step up from a baked don't really love the dominators fat arse, I have a PN but find at times the swell is bigger than i thought and im under gunned plus its pretty close to a baked. I was about to order a pile driver but after reading these wright ups im thinking a V2 might be a better every day board and the pile driver more for those rear days when every thing lines up wind swell and i don't have to go to work. Cheers

Comment

Working...
                              X