Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nev's Blog

Turns out Nev has a blog over at

http://nevhyman.posterous.com

Worth keeping an eye on as there's some sneaky info on there.

"SubMoon arising

Taylor cruised by the Currumbin showroom to check on the prototypes for the new SubMoon Funshapes.

These boards are going to be insane...Super cool, different and very functional outline, foil and rocker and at, 7'6", 8'2", 8'7", 8'11" and 9'5" they are going get any old dog or sweet puppy excited. In the meantime if anyone is gunna nose how dey goes it will be Taylor...Should have some photos in a few weeks, so I will keep you socialmedia'd...

He also checked the TJ Everyday v.2 proto which we have altered the rails and rocker buy adding more tail curve to improve the nose ride, and making the rail more 60/40 in profile for...Geez I dunnoo, ask Taylor... You Logger Blogers are going to love Taylor's adjustments to this baby."

"Here he is checking this crazy new material we are testing that can best be described as...

...damm..have been instructed not to let the cat out of the bag...

Such a bore cause I can tell you no more...Sooorrreeeeee!!!!"

Fun little story about Skype meetings with the R&D team too. Keep it up Nev!

Cool link, good little read and classic to see Munga barry all these years latter with a firewire underarm, BTW i also saw Pottz with a FW sweet potato under his arm on FB a while back.

Quite ironic in a way Nev is behind some of the strongest boards around these days, as back in the 90 early 2000,s i remember a few mates had Nevs they were great boards but had a reputation of being almost disposable with feather light glass jobs and had a few mates snap theres.
    Last edited by indodreaming; 09-02-2012, 05:13 AM.

Comment

Any hints on the 'sub moon' - presumably a long board style at 9'5, but starting at 7'6 suggests a minimal of some kind? I dont think FW have many boards in the 7'7 - 9' range at the moment (only the flexlight)

Comment

Wonder what that new material is. I live in the Pacific Northwest and a local company (Lib Tech) has started pumping out "waterboards" which are made of this basalt based stuff that is super durable but light. Cool materials, but so-so shapes. That kind of construction married to shapes by Nev and Dan Mann would be impressive. That having been said, I love my FST El Fuego!

Comment

yeah Nev is kind of in the early phases of getting that up and running. Will be a color corner for sure once in full swing!!

Comment

Come on Nev, update the blog! There must be some LSD and Tomo gossip, not to mention new FW R&D and prototypes to spill the beans on.

Comment

Yeah Nev
              Spill the beans
              Feed the froth

Comment

Ha it'll come...

Comment

Nev, please update your blog with more capers. Would love to hear your take on the new collabs. Have you ridden the Vanguard yet?

Comment

Yeah please!!

Comment

yah me also come

Comment

Yeah Nev spill the beans, and how about some more capers from out the back

Comment

I had an idea about a two or three piece board for traveling. Has this been tried before? Ff this could be made to work with your current designs you would have an absolute winner! The airlines of course would hate you but how cool would that be? No more, OK sir/maam, how many boards do you have in your surfboard bag?

Comment

Originally posted by K24Surfer View Post
                            I had an idea about a two or three piece board for traveling. Has this been tried before? Ff this could be made to work with your current designs you would have an absolute winner! The airlines of course would hate you but how cool would that be? No more, OK sir/maam, how many boards do you have in your surfboard bag?
                            Yeah It has been tried in the past with not too positive results. First the pricetag will be quite high and secondly I believe the flex patterns will be altered quite substantially. This is something that came about a couple of years ago
                            http://www.dailystoke.com/2008/09/ca...ust-a-concept/
                            Attachment
                            Attached Files

Comment

we will NOT be building something like that.

Comment

Working...
                              X