Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New boards

Please Mr. Neville
    What's the difference between the potatonator and the spitfire???.
    Th activator, how much difference does that tail makes to a traditional spitfire?

Hey Iggy
    The Potatonator is in the Sweet Potato bag of vegies mate.
    These boards are not always necessary, but O.M.G they taste so good it is freaky. It is almost like you just cannot have steak (Taj, Flexfire, Hellrazor and Hellfire) and vegies with herbs (Dominator, Spitfire, Futura, El Fuego) without some sweet potato, but you'd live. The Spitfire is like a good herb...You just gotta have one to put some flavor in your repertoire. Greens and Iron are essential for your surfing diet.
    The Potatonator is a morphed up Sweet Potato making it a board that can be ridden a bit more aggressively than the SP. Crazy board. You should have seen Chuy going mental on his in Mex. Mark Price could have gone back on tour if he could just remember the 70's enough to know how good he was. If you just keep following the boards up through the range the next one is the Spitfire or Dominator, that will again perform at a more aggressive level but the Potatonator is absolutely a perfect board to complement your HPSB for everything 4ft and under.
    Nev

Comment

The Activator Tail will be more foiled therefore more sensitive, easiier to bury at speed, but will only work on the Activator not the Spitfire because they have completely different foils and rocker.

Comment

new boards posted in the quiver section: http://www.firewiresurfboards.com/qu...?boardid=intro

Comment

Sorry guys...I have lost the plot with all the names in our range. The Activator described above is actually the Jacknife. The actual Activator is the Dominator but with a narrower more drivey double wing swallow, whilst maintaing all the inherent charachteristics of the Dominator/Spitfire in outline rocker and volume. The Jacknife tail shape will encourage deeper more committed turns than the Dominator and to a lesser degree, the Spitfire.

Comment

jejeje thanks Mr.Neville for that colourful explanation. Already I don't eat much red meats now there are more veggies incorporated into my diet!!!.
            Note apart came yesterday to pick up my new 5'2"potato. Just came back from a little sesh under heavy onshore winds and hail and this thing was going over everything!!!. Thanks for all the thought put on it

Comment

All good buddy...80k dry? Go for a run in the sno bro...geez it must be chilly up there!

Comment

I dont see the jacknife showing up on the homepage yet, just type in the name 'jacknife' and the link is there: http://www.firewiresurfboards.com/qu...ardid=jacknife

Comment

Howdy Nev,
                  Lovin you work, have a 4 fw board quiver already it that gives you some idea! Speaking about veggies, is the baked potato still in the oven or did it get thrown into the compost bin?
                  Cheers,
                  Scotty
                  Last edited by Freaked_Out; 01-12-2012, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Well when I go snowikiting (lakes not frozen yet and not much snow as of this morning), usually temp goes for around -12C plus the windchill it could easily reach -25C and I'll be sweating like a pig.
                    Today little sesh at -1C in Long Sands Maine,but we've surfed there at -10C... believe me you pray not to duck dive!!, the problem is that is a beach break so...
                    Those 80Kgs dry will hopefully become 75Kg wet ;)

Comment

i've said it before and i'll say it again....IGGY'S NUTS.......

i'm just back from 30deg air/22deg water...clear blue 6 ft thick smackers in boardies...alone.. until my back called it quits...gouging back-hand over and over straight to the keyhole where my kids were looking straight into the bowl at me...on ... you guessed it... 5'10 hellfire... it rode like a full hi-perf board...yeeeeeewwwww

NEV...would of been good to put a spartan through its paces there today....hint hint nudge nudge...
                      Last edited by core personal training; 01-13-2012, 12:32 AM.

Comment

This will solve some doubts
                        Attachment
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by core personal training View Post
                          i've said it before and i'll say it again....IGGY'S NUTS.......

i'm just back from 30deg air/22deg water...clear blue 6 ft thick smackers in boardies...alone.. until my back called it quits...gouging back-hand over and over straight to the keyhole where my kids were looking straight into the bowl at me...on ... you guessed it... 5'10 hellfire... it rode like a full hi-perf board...yeeeeeewwwww

NEV...would of been good to put a spartan through its paces there today....hint hint nudge nudge...
                          Hey Core what size Spartan you looking at getting
                          What do you think are the major differences from the Taj pro

Comment

Shorter, thicker, wider and I'm thinking the rocker is slightly more linear rather than the huge kick the Taj has.
                            The 5'10" Spartan is the equivilant of the 6'1" Taj volume wise I think.

Comment

not sure yet..need to replace my 6'2 hi-perf...should be on a 6'0 from a purely volume perspective, but i'm lugging and a bit creaky at the moment and may welcome a bit more to push forwards against on take off in the 6'2.. Nev used to shape me rockered 6'3's that were 19 x 2 1/2 med to full rails so might be good to revisit that kind of board...loved them...or should i get a hellrazor...or a taj...or replace my 6'2 x 18 3/4 x 2 1/2 flexfire...struth...i'll just flip a coin...!

as phill said..more cushin' for the pushin'...

Comment

Working...
                              X