X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

prjwebb,

Is there a thread anywhere you discuss what you did with your CBD Taj?

Originally posted by prjwebb View Post
    That 6'0" x 18.75" x 2.38" is my dims all over. I think the volumes need updating compared to the thicker dims though! I'm a little bit gutted that it's going to be so similar to my CBD board else I'd be pre-ordered up by now!
    From what I have read the MB & Taj have very similar rockers so maybe just more of a foil, concave and outline difference. Would be interesting to see a side by side comparision. I am also thinking of getting a Taj CBD FST and beefing up the 5'11" or 6'0"...

Keen to hear how it goes.

Drumbull

Comment

There's a post in the CBD section.
      I took the 6'0", thickened it up to 2.38", which is the same as the 6'2", then took the wide point up to 18.81". I was looking for 18.75" but it has to be in 1/8" increments so needed to be just over or just under. Over seemed a better idea.
      I maxed out the nose width to get it as close to 12" as possible, can't remember exactly what it came out at, 11.88" possibly, and put the tail width up to 14.75".
      The volume came out at 27.99l which is slight less than the 6'2" but I think with more of the volume being under chest it should paddle a little easier and be more stable.
      Overall a shorter and wider outline than the 6'2" which will hopefully increase its lower range, but it should still go mental when the waves get good.

Comment

Thanks heaps prjwebb,

I'm sure it will be a keeper. Will look across the way at the CBD thread and keep an eye out for any feed back.

Sorry for the railroad everyone...

So that Michel Bourez model. Looks like a great sled...

Drumbull.

Comment

Fingers crossed. Shouldn't be too long now before I get to try it. If I hadn't put the order in I'd be putting one in for an MB for sure. I think that's going to be a magic board.

Comment

Originally posted by prjwebb View Post
            There's a post in the CBD section.
            I took the 6'0", thickened it up to 2.38", which is the same as the 6'2", then took the wide point up to 18.81". I was looking for 18.75" but it has to be in 1/8" increments so needed to be just over or just under. Over seemed a better idea.
            I maxed out the nose width to get it as close to 12" as possible, can't remember exactly what it came out at, 11.88" possibly, and put the tail width up to 14.75".
            The volume came out at 27.99l which is slight less than the 6'2" but I think with more of the volume being under chest it should paddle a little easier and be more stable
            Overall a shorter and wider outline than the 6'2" which will hopefully increase its lower range, but it should still go mental when the waves get good.
            Look forward to reading a review in the near future
            Sounds like a great design

Comment

that is definitely going to be a fun one Prj!

Comment

Working...
              X