Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michel Bourez with fcs

Hey Nev
    Am I going to be able to purchase an MB with fcs in Australia or is it future fins only

The Michel bourez only comes with future fin boxes as they are one of Bourez sponsors.

Comment

Hi Dawnbuster,

Since FW makes the board, why observe one of his sponsors?

Was it because FW named it the MB Pro?

Seems almost like he signed off his name rights to Futures.

- aurf

Comment

I imagine it's to do with keeping the board as close to what MB is riding as possible. If there is no agreement with Futures then I would personally say they should offer FCS too. Maybe it's something that will be considered. It would almost look strange with FCS though, ha.

Comment

Let me break this down legally. MB has a sponsorship agreement with Futures and he also has one with FW, therefore he is required to ride both FW and use Futures fins. These are his contractual obligations only. Only his boards need to be specifically made with Futures. This does not make for any legal requirement for the MB model, generally, to be manufactured with Futures fins only. For such an obligation to arise there would need to be an agreement between FW and Futures related to this model. I'll bet there is none and this is either a decision by FW, or it's a complete furphy. I think the latter, why would anyone make a decision that potentially limits their market?

Comment

considering taj is with soar fins and you can still get fcs and futures in the taj. I would say the MB would come out in both.

Comment

It's been confirmed as Futures only though

Comment

I just googled the secret spot website and they are advertising the MB with fcs fins
                So I guess they are doing both

Comment

Hmm maybe they've changed their minds then, but for the minute I'd go with what Chuy and Chris have said though.
                  "but all MB models will come in Futures as he is a team rider." - Chris

Comment

hey folks. Sorry for the confusion. No MB with FCS being built.

A little insight, Michel's other sponsorships are completely external to us. But when we sit down to design his pro model, work on his logo etc, then we absolutely consider the requests of our athlete. In this case, because Futures is a mainstream fin maker that sponsors Michel, it was an easy decision. Taj's collaboration with soar is much different and when his pro model was agreed upon, there was no specification of fin box technology. you can bet if we signed Pro Rider X who rides for FCS, then his/her pro model could very well only come in FCS.

Hope this helps, but there is no formula that dictates ALL CASES!!!

Cheers

Comment

Makes sense. Michel looking out for his sponsors, keeps his sponsors looking out for Michel.

Comment

correct-o.

Comment

Geez...Thank God I came in late with that one! Phew :)

Comment

DAMM IT DAMM IT DAMM IT!!!! i feel like I've just cracked onto the hottest chick in the world, and all of a sudden i can feel her centre future fin digging into my hip......NOOOOOOO!!!

Was going to pull the trigger on getting the Spartans board, but with a no FCS plugs option, just canned it for me.
                            I have too many fins already, and yes, just like the Smelly Skater i do change my fins depending on the conditions, left rights etc.....Sh!t really does make a difference.
                            Major bummer. Tell me please is there a chance this may change, or will the option be available when it gets to CDB eventually.

Hell don't put the logo on it, i'll just tell everyone here in Oz it's the Mick Boozer model. Ha.Ha.

Ps. Whats happening with the Lost Boards, Driver etc.

Comment

I understand that MB might be looking out for his sponsors but shouldn't FW be looking out for their customers
                              Not sure about the future fins
                              Anyone recommend any
                              I'm used to riding fcs 5' on the sides and a tiny middle fin (g1000) in the centre
                              Is there any future fins that would compare

Comment

Working...
                              X