Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• differance between jacknife and activator

Nev or any firewire expert,

The jacknife and activator what is the differance, is one better in smaller waves ? fatter waves? steeper waves? punchy waves? one more high preformance? one more fishy? one better for points? beachies?

I have never had a board with a flyer in it so I am excited and i want one but which one.

thanks, keep up the good work

One of them is much more foiled than the other, I think the Jackknife but even Nev seems to have been confused between the two haha.

Comment

Confused? So what's new...That's why I have minders...to get me through life...

The Activator is simply this...The Dominator with a more performance oriented tail outline...Just a bit more drivey.
      The Jacknife is the redo of the Futura, by funking out the tail with a wing that reduces area and adds a breakpoinConfused? So what's new...That's why I have minders...to get me through life...

The Activator is simply this...The Dominator with a more performance oriented tail outline...Just a bit more drivey.

The Jacknife is the redo of the Futura achieved by funking out the tail with a wing that reduces area and adds a breakpoint for quick direction, rail-to-rail changes. The most important difference is the contemporary rocker and volume distribution (foil). This is more a high performance hybrid that does not rely on resistance from volume under foot for speed like thicker hybrids, but the sensitivity of curve and foil to encourage surfing not dissimilar to what you'd do on you normal HPSB (high performance short board like the Flexfire/Alternator/Taj model).
      You dig?
      t for quick direction, rail to rail chages. The most important difference is the comntemporary rocker and volume distribution (foil). This is more a high performance hybrid that does not rely on resistance from volume under foot like thicker hybrids, but the sensitivity of curve and foil to encourage surfing not dissimilar to what you'd do on you normal HPSB (high performance short board like the Flexfire/Alternator?Taj model). You dig?

Comment

I have had a Futura for a few years now and if the Jacknife is a "fully sic re do" then i am done. The Jacknife it is. I always found that with the Futura you had the "Futura speeeeeed" but when you wanted to bring it in tight you couldn't as the tail always felt a fraction to wide. thanks i will be placing an order shortly.

Comment

Working...
        X