X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slater and Firewire Surfboards

Has Slater ever surfed a Firewire surfboard and if he has was wondering what he thought about them? I know he is 100% committed to Channel Islands but was curious if he ever demoed one for fun.

Brent

Yeah mate...Kelly worked with us in 2006/07 and was super impressed with the tech. In fact the Springer came from sessions with him and Taj surfing at south Straddie on boards we made specifically for them before they were Firewires (nevs). The aim was to get more resistance under front foot loading in committed bottom turns. We have all the footage etc from that peeriod for the wall one day.
    Those boards still exist and would be gold!

Nev

Comment

That is so cool, as I just bumped into Slater in San Clemente and was going to ask him about that. I did ask him about the nubster and he said it was a cool little addition and made him surf better. Did not want to spend too much time talking to him as I am sure he gets plenty of attention where ever he goes. Glad to hear Kelly had a little say in the boards you have created. Best boards I have ever surfed! Thanks.

Comment

Wow that is indeed nice to know!!. I can't even imagine the kind of conversations that transpired during those testing sessions

Comment

Do tell Nev, as I am sure you were there? What kind of conversations took place?

Comment

state secrets mate...

Comment

Still...

Comment

Ha!
                State secrets!
                Kelly was pretty impressed with what we were doing back then. It was a very valuable time for us...But that is all I am saying to protect the innocent...

Comment

Punish them aaaaaall!!!!!!!;)

Comment

haha good stuff!

Comment

Working...
                    X