Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hellrazor

Nev,

How much difference of float/paddle would there be between a 6'1 Hellrazor (29.1ltrs) and a 6'4 Taj Pro (31.0ltrs)?

There is 1.9lts of volume in difference between the two as well as there is more entry and tail rocker in the Taj.

I am assuming that with less rocker and the double concave under the Hellrazor it would paddle very similar even though it has less volume?

Thanks in advance

Regards
    Fazza

Hello,

Can any one in Firewire help with this little question?

Thanks

Comment

Hey Fazza, the Hellrazor is "genetically" close to the hellfire, meaning that its a high performance hybrid. It has more surface area overall than the Taj. As far as paddle goes I think the hell razor will paddle easier than the Taj.
      Remember is not that much a matter of volume but how this volume is distributed throughout the board.

Comment

Iggy,

Thanks.....that is what i was thinking.............i know the Hellrazor is a refined Hellfire and wanted to make sure that i am not selling myself too short getting a 6'1 as i am surfing a 6'4 Taj Pro. The waves here in South West WA have a bit of punch in them compare to other parts of Australia and i reckon you need a bit more volume to get onto them early. I can paddle the 6'4 Taj Pro really well but find that board doesn't like waves with a bit of chop on the face and it needs a bit more grunt to get going........the Hellrazor should be good for waves that have a clean face or a slight chop.

Comment

The Hellrazor will fit those conditions better than the Taj no doubt!!!. The shortness in length will be compensating by tho increase of surface area so I think you'll be more than ok!!.If you were comfortable with the Taj you will feel at home on this one

Comment

Yeah Fazza,
            I agree with Iggy. The slight difference in volume is going to be picked up by the Hellrazor's added width and reduced rocker.

Cheers and hope this helps!

Comment

Thanks Chris........can't wait for it to arrive :)

Comment

Hey Fazza...I hear from taj it is pumping over there...I got good bears during the Small Fries...It is crap nhere. The boys answered your questions well. FI, at 68kg the 6'1" will be perfect as I am 70k and 53 and I ride the 5'8 Dominator too....No excuses for you!! Ha!

Comment

Nev,

Thanks for the reply hanging out to surf the Hellrazor and the Potatonator that i have on order

There has been plenty of waves around to keep the holiday makers spread out for sure.....surfed bears a few times over the last few weeks but its been very crowded early best time is just before the wind comes in when everyone is leaving.

Comment

I had a lot of fun at Bears when I was in WA. We managed to get the van stuck in the sand once though and it just kept slipping closer to the cliff edge when we tried to drive out. Ended up blocking the track for a bit while we were getting towed out. Saw Taj down there one day too. Good times.

Comment

stoked to know that i had the first hellrazor

Comment

Is that what the 5'8" thingy is? Can you get some pics up!

Comment

there you go kyle!

Comment

Man, I could tell you some crazy stories about flyin down the fabled bears track (in from Yalls)
                            in the 70's...Too much fun and insane waves too boot!

Comment

Taj didn't seem to have much trouble in his jeep, getting air over the bumps, full throttle. Meanwhile we were rushing trying to change the wheel where we'd blown a tyre going over some rocks before it got too dark to see. That was the only time we took that route. The sand track in next to the holiday park or whatever it is (8 years ago now, memory is gone!) seemed a lot more forgiving in the van, as long as you didn't get stuck and slide towards the cliff...

Comment

Working...
                              X