X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nev, help with the fishes!

Nev, surf the fuego. Spot on! Just sold a 5ft 8 surf tech wave rocket fish. Loved that board! Would love to replace with FireWire fish . Just wondering if u could give me some nev wisdom on the fishes in the range. Also wondered about volume if going for a fish, I surf 5.9 fuego and am 161pounds. Would I be looking at similar volumes in a FireWire fish or would I need more? I like the look of the fish tail . I have seen a 5ft 10 but at 35 litres is that too much? Would I be looking at 5ft 8 or 5ft 6? Loved my surf tech and want a similar FireWire! Thanks in advance!! Any of your insight into the fish models be great to hear

Hey James...The Quad fish is the board my man...If the El Fuego floats you at 165lbs with a volume of 28.6 then I would go for the 506 Quadfish for similar volume at 28.1L...or to be safe with a tad more float (my reccomendation) go the 508 with 31.1L...It really depends on how you feel about your Elfuego...Forget the 5'10

Yeeewwww!

Comment

Thanks nev

Thanks man. 5 ft 8 sounds the go. My fuego has been great, I was stressing a bit that I should of gone 5ft 11, as I noted that's what u ride, but most folks on forum suggested 5ft 9 was fine. It requires a little extra paddle power but is rad. I need to get it in some good waves to really feel it. Picked up a futura recently to, but not got it in water. Got avscottish Thurso trip soon so hoping both boards will handle some solid swells. What max size u think fuego will handle? Loving new range. Oh and can customs be ordered for uk yet? To go secret spot in scarborough

Comment

All good James....I have had my 511 out in 6ft points and it handles it well. I reckon the 5'9" is a bit short for your weght and the colder water etc.. The 5'11 will handle more size with your weight that the 5'9" obviously due to the longer rail in the water...If you get a chance step up is my call but if it is good as is, all good. How long did you get the Futura?
        Not sure about CBD for the UK?... Bloody prejudicial treatment of you whinging poms I reckon...You poor slimeys! :)

Comment

Nev u sowing the seeds of doubt!!!

Hey man thanks for reply. U making me think I shoulda gone 5 11!! Just weighed me self tho! 154llbs!!! If I did wanna get 5ft 11 could u let me know of euro stockists . Uk are All out of that board, maybe have to mail it from somewhere in France or Portugal? Thanks for all the advice! Futura was bought secOnd hand of ebay, think it good few years old

Comment

At 154lbs I'd say you were right on for the 509. Chris is 170lbs and on the 509 and I'm about the same and would probably look toward the 509 also.
            I guess it's down to preference of board length also, I've been riding lots of 508s lately so 511 would feel a bit long for a hybrid to me.

Comment

thanks prjwebb/nev

ythanks for reply.....still been torn about my 5ft9 fuego and then nev goes and says should get the 5ft 11!!! i reckon i need to get it in some good waves to really feel it and be sure....
              i just had a look around the uk and europe for any stockist of firewire and i could find NO elfuego's in 5ft 11 anyway!!
              do you know of good stockists? was thinking if did end up punting for a 5ft 11 may have to even mail it from u.s?

heading up to scotland in a month....you think 5ft 9 will go well in some bigger surf? gunna take futua also just to be sure...

another thought....what other board in the range, including newer models would be like the el fuego? if any?!

Comment

To put you on the right frame of mind!
                http://vimeo.com/fridaytv/weekendwarriorscotland

Comment

yes iggy! seen that! been up there a few times now! no way am i a charger and last time i took a beating, but keen to try and score and improve this trip!
                  how do think a feugo would go up there! taking my futura and a black and white 6ft 3 custom.

to keep up with my addiction i have just manaage to find a shop with stock of fish tail and quad fish. want to replace my surf tech wave rocket....nev reckons the quadfish all the way.....

any thoughts on what board in the range is closest to the fuego?

Comment

http://www.throughthewhiskybarrel.co...el_-_Home.html

Comment

Quadfish??? what about the potato???. For the really small stuff the potato will give you the same wave range than your fish but with waaay more maneuverability. A playtoy for small waves.

Comment

If you decide to stay with the quad fish the 5'6" will float you more than enough, will be a nice cruiser.

Comment

yeh but wont the quad fish also be good for waves when they get a little better to....

Comment

Is a different feeling, the quad fish has a more straighter down the line approach. The potato will give more fun to the smaller stuff,allowing you to go all over the place.For something a bit bigger you have your Dom. Unless you are looking for a board for hen waves get better.
                            What conditions are you looking to fill the board for?

Sweet potato: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AU8E6...eature=related

Quadfish: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5vvcfr-ZUo

Well the last video does not make enough justice to the board but the point is that,in my opinion, if you are looking for a board to have fun on small waves, then I would choose the potato over the quad fish. For the "upper small" til mid you have the dominator and you could complete with the Hellfire/Hellrazor for mid to better condiptions.

Comment

And to put things in perspective, check this one as well
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDdFx...eature=related

Comment

Working...
                              X